Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The 12 Days of Christmas- Day 8

On the 8th day of Christmas blog posts I give you "Snow"

These were the skies we woke up to one morning in Sedona. Foggy, misty, full.
It was mysteriously beautiful.


It snowed all the way to Williams on our way to the Polar Express and the kids were in heaven when we got there. Last winter they pined away for snow and were so depressed when we didn't ever get to see any. This little trip made their winter. Oh they were so excited to run and play and throw snowballs. It made me sad. And happy. It seems to be a theme for me this Christmas.






And then we drove back to Sedona that night on snowy roads during a crazy blizzard. The likes of which we haven't seen since we lived in the 'Burg. Kinda miss that. Oh wait, no I don't. But my kids do. My kids sure do.

“I love snow for the same reason I love Christmas: It brings people together while time stands still. Cozy couples lazily meandered the streets and children trudged sleds and chased snowballs. No one seemed to be in a rush to experience anything other than the glory of the day, with each other, whenever and however it happened”    ~Rachel Cohn

1 comment:

Michelle said...

It seems to me like your kids got to play in more snow that we have all winter, ha! It's not even an exaggeration Eliza. Everyone around here is kinda missing the fact that we have gotten barely any. The only things I care about is that I know Mia loves to play in it so that makes me sad, and we are probably going to be in a drought this year.