Saturday, December 17, 2011

The 12 Days of Christmas- Day 5

On the 5th day of Christmasy blog posts I give you "Christmas Past"

I get so sentimental and sappy at Christmastime and so I was looking at old pictures and being sad about my children growing up. I hate how fast time goes by and how my children cannot stay small forever. I want to experience all of life all at the same time and keep all my memories fresh in my mind and never forget them. Never forget how cute my children are. Never forget what they were like as babies, or two years old, or five years old. Never move away and leave people behind. Live everywhere I want to and never miss anything.

Here are some photos of our first Christmas in Rexburg (the second time around) when my three (yes, I only had three at the time) children were oh so small and oh so cute. Oh how I miss Rexburg and all the people we left behind and oh how I miss these times of enjoying childhood in its most glorious and simple ways.



I found this quote and I felt like it summed up exactly what I was feeling. I don't mean to be all sappy and sad but the weight of memories and times past are weighing on my heart during this month. Maybe it's just because I feel like life is so fleeting and I want to grab it all up and hold onto it and never let it go. I want my children to always feel loved and special and never lonely and I always want their memories to be happy.

"Isn't it funny that at Christmas something in you gets so lonely for - I don't know what exactly, but it's something that you don't mind so much not having at other times." 
~Kate L. Bosher

1 comment:

Michelle said...

It's crazy how small they are, and that there were only three when you moved back to Rexburg the second time. I guess I do remember Rex being a baby when I moved there. The little kiddies were oh so cute and still are. You must have been pregnant with Rex right?