Sunday, December 18, 2011

The 12 Days of Christmas- Day 6

On the 6th day of Christmasy blog posts I give you
"The Christmas Card That Never Was"

I had really good intentions of doing a Christmas card this year what with the new baby and all but those flew out the window when I realized there was only a week and a half left before Christmas and I was starting to feel completely overwhelmed by the thought. So, I'm trying not to feel bad about it but I thought I'd post the pictures that I was intending to use for the card. We found this really cool deer statue in Sedona that they put a red nose on and I thought it would be a good place to take pictures in front of, it was perfect for a Christmas card. Trust me, I know these pictures aren't that great. It was a spur of the moment thing so I realize that nobody is looking their best, but we just were going with it as my expectations are pretty low at this point in life. It's hard when you get this many kids to get a great picture so I'm usually left deciding which child is not going to look as cute. Do we go with the one that Colby is looking away or the one where Rex isn't smiling? The one where Matthew is busting up laughing or where Owen is smirking?
Here were a few of our best choices:



And check out our cute little Christmas Cabbage Patch Kid:
"Happy, happy Christmas, that can win us back to the delusions of our childhood days, recall to the old man the pleasures of his youth, and transport the traveler back to his own fireside and quiet home."
~Charles Dickens

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

Cute as always! They've changed so much since we last saw them! Merry Christmas, everyone!

Michelle said...

I miss your family more than I could ever tell you. I love the picture with the reindeer. Leelee looks like the cutest thing that I have ever seen, no joke. I can't believe I have not met her yet.