Runny nose and all.
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Thursday, January 21, 2010
Yes, our seats were THAT good! :)
I think Michelle was about to cry when she didn't sing "Let It Be" but then she came out for an encore:
Going to see Brooke got me thinking about concerts and how it had been a while since I've been to one. And I bet you wouldn't have guessed that I've been to quite a few concerts in my time. I thought I would list as many as I could remember:
1. Dave Matthews Band- imagine me and my best friend (both of us total Molly Mormons) at this outdoor pot fest. It was awesome!!!
2. I've seen tons of country acts at Country Thunder and other places and I couldn't even begin to remember them all...
3. Bon Jovi- just after high school and it was great rockin' out with all the stuck in the '80s, big hair rockers we were surrounded by.
4. Chris Isaak- I LOVE him! Oh, pleaeaeaeaaease return the love you took from me....
5. Bette Midler- Kris got me tickets, we had NO idea she was SO vulgar! Call us naive. All I wanted to hear was The Rose and Wind Beneath My Wings. (I got to hear them at the end of the concert after cringing through all her crap!)
6. Garth Brooks- for my honey, yes I am the BEST wife ever!!! (there's an inside story to this one)
7. Weezer- I'm totally drawing a blank on the band that opened for them but they were awesome, too!
8. Fleetwood Mac- thanks to my awsome friend Christi! She is the biggest Fleetwood fan on the face of the earth and she took me with her. I totally dig on Stevie Nicks scratchy voice, it was a great concert!
9. Alison Krauss- LOVE her!!! LOVED the concert!!! One of my faves. (she sings me and Kris' song "When You Say Nothing at All" also sung by Keith Whitley)
10. Live and Collective Soul- Great time with my hubby!
There have been others for sure, but I'm drawing a blank. I'm sure Kris could remember them all for me. Which one surprised you the most? What are some of your favorite concerts that you've been to?
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
It was cold and it had been a long day and Colby was not happy about it!
Aww, aren't they cute?
After all the presents were gone, I guess Colby had to see what it was like under the tree.
Monday, January 4, 2010
Here he is coming in to take his seat. This was the only photo I got of him where you can actually see him (lame, I know) but by the time the concert was over and we made our way to the band room to pick him up he had already put away his clarinet. This picture was taken from very far away (we were in the WAY back, remember) thus the poor quality, but doesn't he look handsome?