Monday, May 18, 2009

Yellowstone

The Saturday before Mother's Day we took our first trip to Yellowstone for this season. Kris has been chomping at the bit to go since it opened in April and we finally got to go, even though it was only for half a day. We took it pretty easy and enjoyed a nice relaxing day. We loved seeing the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone from a different viewpoint and we took a long walk around the Norris Geyser Basin that we had never done before. All in all it was a nice day. In looking at some of these pictures it was the first time that I have ever thought that Gracie and I looked a little bit alike.


We saw these two crossing the road and I thought it was appropriate for Mother's Day


The beautiful Grand Canyon of Yellowstone

I am always fascinated by the boiling water in the midst of snow and cold.

This one had beautiful colors- yellow, purple, blue

Rex said "Dad, take a picture of me!"

The kids at the "Green Dragon" spring, it's near impossible to get them all smiling good at the same time, oh well.

2 comments:

Owen Family said...

It looks so fun. Believe it or not, we have never been to Yellowstone in the 10 years we have lived in Idaho. I'll have to put it on my "to-do" list.

Tara said...

Looks like a great trip.I hope you had an amazing mother's day. I love that park tons.