Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Colby

You are five months old today
and what can I say?
You fill our lives with more joy and love
each and every day.

You have discovered your toes
and love to play with toys.
We love to hear your laughs and coos,
you make beautiful noise.

Sweet baby boy
with your big brown eyes
don't grow up so fast
oh, how time flies.

Let me enjoy your sweet babyness,
let me cuddle and tickle and hug and caress.
Oh, please let me always remember
these precious moments so dear and tender.
We are so blessed to have you in our family,
you make our home a little more heavenly.

We LOVE you SO much little Colby!!!

6 comments:

Lucille Jarvis said...

Eliza, This is so much fun, you have such a beautiful family. When my kids were young and life was so crazy and busy, a friend told me enjoy this time it goes so fast. That was so true, you are at a great place in life, embrace it, motherhood what a blessed calling. Tell your sweet angels aunt Lu loves them and tell Chris hi for me, Love you Eliza and love your blog......

Michelle said...

What a sweet poem, I loved it! He is growing up so much. He is such a peaceful and happy baby. He really does have beautiful brown eyes and the cutest smile ever, I love watching him when you teach primary.

Grannie Wright said...

Well I have missed your kids. I loved these updates. The poem is lovely and Colby is sooo cute which even nicer because he is such a good day. Love you!

Tara said...

He is so sweet! Those eyes, lashes, and cheeks. The perfect package, for a little heart breaker. I was impressed with your rhyming skills.

Owen Family said...

The grow up so fast, as you well know. Just enjoy every minute. He is soooooo cute.

Kara said...

Oh how I love these pictures of Colby! He is honestly the cutest baby I have ever seen (my kids aside of course!) I think if he were mine I would be squishing his little cheeks every hour of the day! I loved your poem, so cute and creative... what a great idea! I also love your new blog layout, especially the header. Where did you do that? Cuteset blog on the block??