Monday, October 13, 2008

Two-Wheelin' Owen


One of Owen's training wheels broke off of his bike the other day so Kris just took off the other one and I had been meaning to go out and practice with him so he could learn how to ride but lo and behold he taught himself! He had us come out and watch him and there he was just riding around. I could hardly believe it! (What a blessing after the nightmare that teaching Gracie was!) We are so proud of him. Maybe it wasn't too hard because his bike is so tiny, I have to laugh because I think he looks like one of the bears at the circus riding on those tiny bikes. (We're thinking about getting him a bigger one for his birthday.)

2 comments:

Michelle said...

It is funny the things we can do when we just decide to do them, rather than doubting and freaking ourselves out. I think I learned a valuable lesson when I asked him how he learned to ride a two-wheeler and he told me that he just thought about it and decided to do it. Owen is the cutest thing ever and it is so fun to watch him ride his little bike, I love it.

Kara said...

Go Owen!! Maddy still won't take her training wheels off. Neither will Isaac. We're too lazy to make them. Well, Chris tries, but they are quite stubborn.
I love the little bike, he's so cute!!!!