Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Old Friends

Yesterday, I was feeling ambitious and energetic and so I thought I would work out. It's something I've been meaning to do for a while I just haven't felt like it yet... I was doing pretty good before I got pregnant, working out a few times a week. I have some DVDs that my mother graciously donated (I'm not exactly sure she's aware of this, since my sister Britny brought them when she came to stay and left some for us, Michelle and I, that is.) Mom, just take heart in the fact that your money is going to good use. I haven't worked out (other than riding my bike) for who knows how long, sometime after I got pregnant. So I put on my tennis shoes and pulled out a Turbo Jam DVD. It was like hanging out with old friends I haven't seen in a while. There was Chalene and the gang as perky as ever. I got all excited to have one of their bodies which I know I will have in no time if I do their workouts twice a day! No problem! Hey, I can dream can't I? Miraculously I made it through the whole 50 minute workout! I only took one little two minute break, go me! You should have seen Rex doing Tai Chi at the end with me and telling me "Good Job, Mom!" right after Chalene had said it. Then, later in the day I was feeling so energized I thought I would help the kids rake all the leaves on the lawn. By 6 o'clock I could hardly move and I had headache to go with it, maybe I overdid it just a tad. But I was just so darn proud of myself for exercising. Maybe tomorrow I'll hang out with my friends Teigh and Gillian of Yoga Booty Ballet fame, I've missed those two.

6 comments:

☂niki. said...

haha. glad to hear you have such great friends to push you to your limits! way to go!

Grandmommy Crum said...

Hey Eliza, Im impressed! your body has gone through so much after having a baby, your doing great! I think your amazing, Colby is not very old, just be careful not to over do! Moms have a habit of doing that for sure! love ya xoxo

Michelle said...

I actually brought the dvds from casper because I decided that since nobody used them nobody would care. Good job for working out, you go girl!

sasmithfam said...

Way to go Eliza! I am definitely impressed. I have actually taken my 3 youngest kids out for bike rides this past week. I am slowly but surely also trying to get some exercise. It has also been over a year since I had my baby so I am so impresses with you.

Tara said...

You are so funny! I was cracking up. You're a real go-getter, I'd say mom's long time friend Jane Fonda would even be proud.

Grannie Wright said...

Well Eliza, you are inspiring me. I haven't seen my old friend Jane for a long time. Keep up the good work honey.