Monday, September 29, 2008

Tour de France Here I Come!

So I'll share a little secret with you all, maybe some of you know it already, but I really like to ride my bike. I attribute this fact to my father for raising me with a love of cycling. You see, he is a cyclist and oftentimes as a teenager I would ride my mom's bike and go on rides with him and I loved it. I never had my own road bike though until just last year. Somehow, after high school and getting married and having kids I sort of forgot about it for a while. Then last year after turning the big 3-0 I decided I really wanted to start riding again and I don't mean just riding around the neighborhood with the kids. I've been doing that, I've got the bike with the trailer hooked up and I lug the kids around but that was just a cheap bike we got at Walmart and I wanted a real road bike. So for our anniversary last year Kris wanted to get me a road bike and at first I protested, I didn't think we should spend the money, etc. But the more I thought about it the more excited I got and so we spent our anniversary last year in Salt Lake going to a bunch of different bike shops. We had a great time but we didn't find the right bike until we got back home to Rexburg (it's even red- my favorite color). I did get some great cycling gear at the outlet shops down there though. Then, after all that, winter came early and stayed late and I hardly got to ride my beautiful new bike (maybe this was why I was depressed all winter long:-) and by the time winter was all gone I was huge and pregnant so it hasn't been until just this past week that I got to ride my beloved bicycle and all embarrassment aside I thought I would be brave and post a pic of me all decked out for my first ride in a while. I think someone is having mercy on my poor soul and blessing us with unseasonably warm weather so that I can enjoy a few more rides before the snow flies. I love my bike! Thanks Honey, I love you for indulging my passion!

8 comments:

Grandmommy Crum said...

LOOK AT YOU!!!!! Eliza I did not know you had this love. Like father like daughter! You also look fantastic. You dont even look like you have just had a baby! By the way, I know why you get depressed in the winter, its because you need to move back HOME! So how is the baby doing? Are you getting any sleep? I hope you get to ride alot, I bet its so beautiful there! kiss all the kids, love ya

Michelle said...

Crap girl you look so dang skinny! I am happy we are still having some warm weather so that you can ride your beautiful bike. It is very nice by the way. It would be really cool if you did a bike race or ride or whatever some day. You should tell Dad to bring his bike with him and you could go for a ride when they are here, that would be fun. I like your bike gear I have never seen you in it. I will be really sad if you move away but I think I could learn to be happy for you because living by family is the best! I have got to get to bed because tomorrow is you know what, my favorite day, NOT. Love ya tonz!

Jared Jen said...

You look amazing! You must let me in on your secret! Do you remember that one summer in highschool that we thought that we would excersize all summer. We decided that we would ride bikes! The plan was to have one of us ride to the others house and would ride around together. Then, the next day we would switch which house we would meet at. I think that only lasted about two days! I am sorry I didn't realize that you had a great love for the sport or else I wouldn't have been so lazy. I'm glad everything looks to be going well. Jen

Tara said...

Eliza, eliza, eliza, I hope you are working on your novel, because honestly your blog is so well written. I check it alomost everyday just to see if you've written something new, I love your voice. Then today, to my surprise, I found all these wonderful posts! Ok, the clogged toilet story made me laugh so hard, out loud. SO FUNNY! I had to read it aloud to Wes. The kids and family looks so cute as always, Colby has changed so much, you need to keep us updated more often, thess babies change so fast. Also, you do look dang good! Now, I can see why Kris wanted to get you a nice bike, so he can check you out in your cycling clothes. You should totally do a race, I loved going to those when we were kids to cheer on Dad, it's was so much fun. Well, we are missing you here in AZ. Love you guys so much!

Kara said...

How fun that you have such great memories riding bikes with your Dad. I think you look so cute with your riding gear! You totally look like you could be in the Tour de France! I used to get mad at Chris when he would buy me stuff like that, too (he usually does it w/out asking) but now I am happy that he forces me to do stuff I love too. Doesn't it feel good to be yourself again? Biking sure sounds like fun....

sasmithfam said...

Look at you. You go girl! You look absolutely fabulous. I have liked riding bikes too but have never really done much. We could train together and compete in Tour De France. Well you probably could but I don't think I would be good enough. I have thought about doing a triathlon and you have to ride in those. I would have a long way to go. I have taken off most of the year from anything too active since Brielle. I better get back into some sort of exercise.

Lindsay Jones said...

Eliza hello! you sure have a handsome new baby! Way to go on the bike! By the way you look incredible! No one would believe you just had a baby! I have a memory of you showing me your dads bike way back when and I could not for the life of me figure out how anyone could ride on those funny pedals! I would really love some pointers on what to look for in a road bike, I'm in the market. Love ya!

☂niki. said...

how exciting! you look so good in your gear! you do not look like you just had a baby, that's for sure! i'm excited to hear about your biking ventures!