Monday, September 8, 2008

I'm an Old Woman now!

My friend told me the funniest story at church yesterday. She said after church last week her six year old daughter asked her if she had gone to Old Women's that day. My friend looked at her confused and said "what did you say" and she said did you go to Old Women's today. Then it hit her that her daughter was referring to Relief Society and since she knew that the teenage girls go to Young Women's that all the other ladies must go to Old Women's. She told her daughter yes, yes I did go to Old Women's today. Makes sense. We had a good laugh over that. I also remembered something funny from the Olympics that Gracie said. We were watching men's diving and she said, "Nasty, those guys are wearing bikinis!" Then I remembered from men's swimming they all just wore those pants so this was the first time she'd seen the speedos. Here's another one- a couple of days ago I was feeding Colby and Owen asked me if he still had his ability cord. Kids are too cute!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I heard that story too, and I even told Dan about it, its totally a classic. While she was telling you I was thinking that this made me an old woman too. I don't feel old very often but occasionally I do. Your kids are the cutest and say the cutest things. I am glad to be living so close to you it helps me so much. I love you!

Tara said...

Oh that is so cute!!! I can't wait for Scarlet to start talking. Yesterday I was at mom's and Brit had some videos of Owen that Mich had left on her laptop. We were totally laughing so hard as he blew the camera a kiss and then picked his nose. You know I loved it when he said, "I love you Tara and Wes." He added Wes without even a prompting. Owen is soo cute! Hope you're doing well! Love ya!

☂niki. said...

kid quotes are the best! i was laughing out loud at those ones! baby colby is so precious. i can't believe how big your family is now!

Grandmommy Crum said...

How are you feeling? Your mom told me you got strep, thats terrible! I hope your doing better. Mandi and I were talking today how impressed we are that you have the strengh to blog,your a Super Mom!!! your kids are darling!!Love you and your family!!