Monday, September 29, 2008

Toilet Troubles

A couple of weeks ago our toilet got clogged (as happens all too frequently with children, at least in our household, and this is the reason we got one of those toilets that can flush 40 golfballs when we decided to remodel our bathroom. OK probably too much information, anywhoo) and I noticed that my squirt bottle from the hospital was missing (all you women who have had babies know what I am talking about) so Kris pulled out his handy dandy auger (this is a tool which plumbers use to unclog toilets and our plumber friend from AZ was so kind to clue us into it, it cost us about $30 and has probably saved us hundreds in plumber fees, literally) to unclog the toilet, unfortunately the toilet was still running slowly after he had used the auger on it several times so we knew it was bad (in my head I'm thinking a squirt bottle could not possibly flush down a toilet right?) So we finally had to break down and call the plumber. He came carrying an auger just like Kris used and I'm thinking, good luck, Buddy my husband has tried that, but I decided to just let him do his job. He was in there for a while and I just knew it must not be working but after about 15 minutes I finally hear him say "OK, I think I got it" and I go in there and he is holding in his hands not one, but TWO train cars in addition to my squirt bottle from the hospital. My eyes just about popped out of my head and I about died when I saw all that stuff. And these were not those tiny trains that go on the wooden tracks, either. I took a picture of the one remaining train car that we have and as you can see it's about the size of my hand, the squirt bottle was just a bit bigger than the trains. As he was leaving the plumber said, "your husband had the right tool it just didn't have this hook on the end." Ahhhh, now we know his secret. And now Rex is banned from the bathroom, and Kris wants to get a lock for the toilet!

1 comment:

Kara said...

oh my, how???? I didn't know all that could fit in the toilet!! What a good idea to get that toilet that can flush so much, how much was it? Seriously! Ours gets clogged all the time, too! No toys yet though.. at least not in this house... in our last house one of the kids flushed the toilet paper spool down the toilet and we didn't figure it out for a loooong time. I'll bet that plumber was expensive!