Friday, September 26, 2008

New Kitty!

About a week and a half ago we decided to get a new kitty for Owen, a little early birthday present. Pretty much since our other cat ran away (this is another long story) he has been wanting to get another cat. He can be quite sensitive and is our main animal lover. Two years ago I was out in the garden with him and he was playing with all the ladybugs and having a great time. I went inside for a few minutes and then I hear this blood curdling scream, I was in the kitchen and I dash out the side door just as Kris is pulling his car into the driveway and I see Owen running towards us sobbing hysterically (it was so loud Kris thought he had hit him with his car and didn't know it). We asked him what was wrong and he sobbed, "my ladybugs got away, my ladybugs got away." He was so distraught that the ladybugs had flown away. Kris and I had to stifle our chuckles because we thought something was majorly wrong. So, back to the kitty, Kris' had a friend at work that had kittens that were ready to go so we went and picked one out. Kris took Owen to Walmart and let him pick out a bed, food, and litter box. Owen decided to name it Cookie (it's mom's name is Oreo). She (we actually don't know if it's a boy or girl, but Owen insists it is a girl, and he insists she will have kittens and he says that Grannie is going to get one, just so you're prepared Mom) freaked out her first night and crawled into a gap of an unfinished wall in the boys' closet. Owen was devastated, crying and thinking that we wouldn't be able to get her out, so Kris had to cut some of the drywall to reach in and get her out. Now she's enjoying life being tortured ahem, I mean raised by four eager young children. :-)

2 comments:

Tara said...

Sounds like a future vet! How cute...can't believe you actually had to cut the dry wall.

Kara said...

kitties are so cute... then they grow up. :)