Monday, September 1, 2008

He's Finally Here!







Here's some pics of our new little one- Colby Riggs Grover. He was born on August 28th at 6:35 p.m. and he weighed 8 pounds 7 ounces, 20 3/4 inches long. He was our second biggest one so far, Matthew proudly continues to hold the record in our family. Of course, if Colby had been allowed to be a week late like Matthew I think he would have given him a run for his money. Everything went very well with the delivery, I couldn't have asked for anything better. Easiest one so far, I guess they do just slide out by number 5. The kids are all enamored with him. I was worried about Rex and you should have seen the look of shock on his face when they walked into the delivery room and he saw me holding a real, live baby. I had been trying to explain it all to him throughout my pregnancy so he would be prepared. The morning we went to the hospital I had a talk with him about how the baby was going to come out of my tummy now and when they came into the room I just about died laughing when I saw his face, it was pure disbelief. He quickly overcame the shock and wanted to hold him, except for one small moment when he declared "I don't want it!" Now that we are home he always runs to check on "Colby" he can say his name perfectly, and I have caught him giving him kisses on more than one occasion. I was so worried about how he would react and it is amazing how quickly he went from being the baby of the family to being a big brother, which makes me a little sad because he seems so old now. As for Colby, he is a super sweet baby and it took me only seconds to fall in love with him. This being boy #4 I was having a hard time picturing what he would be like, it was like I couldn't really wrap my brain around it until he was in my arms. Your heart just makes room for more. We feel so blessed that everything went smoothly and that he is so perfect and healthy.

8 comments:

Kara said...

Yay! He is finally here! He is so beautiful, Eliza! I know he's a boy, but you know what I mean! I loved reading about Rex and his reaction and how quickly he became the "big brother." Ava became so big to me, too! I miss her as a baby sometimes, but mostly I just love to see how grown up and adorable she has become, in her bigness.:)
I love the name Colby, it fits in so well with your family. And I love, love, love the picture of Colby wrapped in a towel... he looks like a perfect little angel! Thanks for your comment on my blog... how do you have time? Well I guess I've quite mastered the skill of nursing and typing one handed... in fact I'm doing it right now... :) A bit harder with a newborn tho!
Hope you're feeling ok, I'm excited to see more pics!!!

xoxoXoXXoOOx (did you see nacho libre??)

sasmithfam said...

Awesome! I am so glad that everything went so well. He is adorable. If Matthew holds the record then they all had to be "better", right?? It looks like all you kiddos adore him. I especially like Owen's face, it is pure delight. That is hillarious about Rex and the "i don't want it". They are just too cute and funny for their own good sometimes. They also grow up way too fast. I hope everyting continues to go well with you and your family.

Jared Jen said...

He is so cute! I am so glad that everything went well and the children are excited.

Tara said...

Soooo cute! Everyone looks so happy. Colby is so sweet. It's so great to have blogs I feel a little bit closer to you guys. I'm so glad everything went so well, but so sad to be stuck here in AZ. Make sure you pinch his buns and kiss his cheeks from his auntie T! Love you guys!

Grannie Wright said...

Well Grannie and Pops
Wright are very thankful for the blog. We love seeing the looks and reading all about it. We are so very sad to not be with you. But we will see you in four weeks. Love you all!

Grandmommy Crum said...

Oh Eliza, Colby is just darling! you have always had perfect little newborns! your a beautiful mother, how blessed your family is to have you. Im so proud of you, its hard to live away from home. We miss you. Are you going to come to good ole Mesa for the holidays? I hope so I love you

mandi said...

he is so beautiful, you do such a good job and the patience of a saint.i'm glad to see everything is going good.it's fun to be updated

Jori said...

Eliza! This is jori, we're all here checking out everyones blog..me, my mom, jamie, jen, jill, jacy.. the whole jarvis crew. And we just wanted to tell you how adorable your family is! They are all growing up so fast and we can't believe it!! We love you guys so much and miss you terribly. Love always, the Jarvis'