Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I Love the Hospital

So, we will be heading off to the hospital tomorrow to have our little man pending no excitement today so I thought this would be a good time to share my love of hospitals. I know I am in the minority when I make this statement, but I really do love hospitals. Call me crazy, I know but I just get so excited when I get to go to the hospital (granted, I have never had to stay for anything too serious). So I thought I would give you a list of the top ten reasons why I love hospitals:

1. People waiting on me day and night.

2. Three well balanced meals served to me in bed each day. (I know, I know, I'm crazy to admit I actually like hospital food!)

3. They wheel me in, they wheel me out!

4. Complete control of the remote control.

5. Ice chips!

6. An adjustable bed (propped head, elevated feet anyone?!)

7. Heated blankets.

8. My husband offering to rub my feet, my back, my hands...

9. No laundry to do, no dishes to do, no cleaning to be done...need I say more?

10. I get to leave with a beautiful new bundle of joy that will change my life forever!

Hopefully on Friday we will have some great news to share!

5 comments:

Kara said...

I totally agree! I love the hospital too! Maybe not so much with my first, but now that I have so many other kids, it feels like a vacation! And I have to tell you, the last hospital I went to (Banner Gateway- it was just built this year) was like a resort hospital! :) They had a menu that you could pick from tons of different food, they brought it to you whenever you wanted, they had movies you could watch, pause, rewind, it was the bomb! They also had a pull out couch for Chris to sleep on! oops, hopefully you'll read this AFTER your hospital stay. :) But yes, it is so wonderful having someone else take care of you (and your baby for that matter!) I love the hospital! I always stay as long as I can! :)

mandi said...

diddo, olove it to. can't wait to see the new bundle. post pictures asap

Jared Jen said...

I am so excited for you. The hospital is like a mini vacation. I just wish that we could go back for a few days to catch up on the sleep that we loose after being home a week. I hope all has gone well with the delivery.

Kara said...

i'm waiting to hear news!!! can't wait to see the baby!!

sasmithfam said...

I am with you on this one. I have actually always liked them. I too haven't had to stay for anything serious or for too long. I love having the meals prepared for you as well as being waited on and asked if there was anything they can do for you. I just haven't ever been able to sleep very well in them because of the brand new baby, as well as them coming in at all hours taking vitals, etc. I love cranberry juice whenever I am in to have a baby. I saw Kara's comment and had so wished I had gone to Banner Gateway but it wasn't done until a month after I had Brielle so I had to go to the old Banner Mesa. I will have to check the new one out sometime. Anyhow, I hope you recover quickly and adjust to the new bundle of joy soon. It is always so much fun having a brand new baby.