Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Happy Birthday To You!

Happy Birthday Dear Mother of mine!
It is hard to imagine that just one short year ago we were celebrating your birthday in the hospital wondering if you were ever going to be the same. Your head was shaved, your feeding tube was inserted and you were obsessed with the color pink. I kinda wanted to post a picture of you at your last birthday party but then I thought you might not forgive me. Remember when Tara and I came to speech therapy with you and she asked you to see how many of the United States you could remember? She said most people could only get 20 or so and you said "I can get all 50!" Oh how hard we laughed when you started singing "50 Nifty United States"! The past year has been challenging and difficult as we have watched you heal and work and challenge yourself to be well. I could not be more proud to have you as my mother. I could not be more grateful to still have you here, calling to check on me and see if I"m doing ok. I love how you are still doing singing telegrams. You are a wonderful, shining, loving, spiritual example to me. I am so sad to not be coming down there this week. But I don't want to cry at your party! I hope you have a wonderful birthday and many, many more!!!


A little message from the kiddos:




P.S. Earlier today when we were looking at Tara's post Owen said "Awww man, I really wish Grannie was here right now. She knows how to make everyone's smiles light up!" Too true!

P.P.S. Your birthday present is on it's way. I took a picture just so you could see. I finished it, I really, really did (It only took me about 3 years!). And here's proof. I hope you like it! And I think we can deduce from this board that the months of March, June, July and August are off limits for any more birthdays. Haha, just kidding!

4 comments:

Tara said...

That video was too cute! I loved Rex's little voice in the end, 'I love you I love you'. It's crazy to think back a year ago, I kinda wouldn't let myself go there today. I am really amazed with the birthday board. It turned out better than I could have imagined. And I just realized that none of the kids have gotten married in the same month. Just kind of funny. Fabulous job, you really are crafty!

Grannie Wright said...

I loved every second of it! Especially the video. Its really hard to type when tears are streaming down your face. I am just so thankfu l to be here. I love you all so much. Thanks for making my day. I love that birthday board. Every time I look at it I will remember with love all the effort and time it took. Eliza you really are very talented.
Thank you so much. OWen and all of you make me laugh all the time. In my mind I am giving you all a big squeeze. Can you feel it? Can't wait to do it in person. Miss you and of course love you.

Kara said...

aww, what a sweet tribute. i especially loved reading what your mom had to say afterward. :) I love the gift you made, what a great idea!!

Kara said...

ps i forgot to say i loved the video! so sweet. I also liked Taras post, very cute. I also loved her blog description with all the links... what a fun idea. I guess all you Wright sisters are just super creative. ;)