Thursday, March 18, 2010

Trim

Lately I've been brave (and cheap) by cutting my boys' hair. Armed with some tips from Michelle and her dear mother-in-law, who herself had six sons, I am determined to become a pro- just like my mom. She cut all of our hair without ever going to beauty school. I have done the older boys a few times and I think I've done a pretty good job, at least as good a job as they do at the beauty college most of the time, which I realize sometimes isn't saying much. But, I haven't ever done Colby's hair and he has been needing a cut desperately for awhile. He's only had his hair cut one other time and that was just with the clippers by Kris right before his sister Hayley's wedding, five months ago. So today I just dove in and he was pretty good a little squirmy, especially in the end but all in all, I think it turned out ok. Usually my mistakes are easy to hide. Tara, don't look too closely- I'm sure you'll find all my mistakes!
Before:
Don't take any pictures of me!
You can see he really needed a haircut.

And after.
Beautiful brown eyes.

Little pouter.
He's been kind of cranky today so he was pouting the whole time and I couldn't get him to smile for me.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

What a little heart breaker he is going to be! He seriously looks so stinkin' adorable Eliza. You styled it so cute. And just when I thought that little boy couldn't get any cuter. The pics look great even though he was pouting.

whitworth.crew said...

Looks like you did a good job!!! He looks like he just got even older!! What a cutie!!

Jamie said...

Looks good to me!

Grannie Wright said...

Good for you Eliza! It looks like you did a really great job. Your mom is pleased. The style is workin for me. His eyes are killers and the pictures are really great. Love you and miss you. Keep the pictures coming.

sasmithfam said...

Fabulous job! I am too chicken to do my boy's hair. He has such gorgeous eyes. He will definitely be a heartthrob. Watch out!

Tara said...

It really does look cute, way to go I say! I should have taught you this a long time ago, even though it doesn't look like you needed my help. His eyelashes and eyes seriously amazing!