Wednesday, December 23, 2009

It's Beginning To Smell a Lot Like Christmas...

I just finished mopping the kitchen floor. It's heavenly. I've only been avoiding it for like two months or something, but it is my least favorite chore- EVER. Where is Tara when I need her (my sister who mops REALLY well)? Anywho, I just couldn't bear the thought of such a dirty floor for Christmas so tonight after the kids were in bed I did it, moved the chairs and the table and everything. I just hope it lasts through tomorrow. With the kids not in school I'm not holding my breath but I can dream, can't I? At least it won't be as dirty as it was... seriously!

On Sunday Gracie was bored (she asks me daily "what are we going to do today" or "are we going to do anything fun today?") so I told her to make a list of all the fun things she wanted to do this week. She was DELIGHTED with this task and the list is now hanging on the wall above the stairs so as to be sure and be seen by me every morning when I come downstairs so we don't forget to do something fun! On Monday they made ornaments, on Tuesday we went to the Flood Museum and today we made gingerbread cookies. The cookies were originally supposed to be an actual gingerbread house and it was supposed to be done on Monday but due to my lack of being able to get it all together (and my unwillingness to pay 16.99 for the kit) we had to make some minor adjustments and a schedule change. But, alas, we made the cookies today and the kids had a great time decorating them. And the house smelled delicious!

The Crazy Crew! (Aunt Miche came over for the fun)

Rex cracked me up with the cookie balls he was making, I didn't realize he was doing it until I looked over and saw all of these, it was pretty cute!

Frosting fun!

Stop the madness!

The finished product! (Aren't those gingerbread house cookies cute? Gracie and Owen are each holding one.)


4 comments:

Rachelle said...

I should make my own list of fun things to do for the week, because usually I'm just content sitting on the couch all day. And it looks like you guys have a lot of fun! Merry Christmas, Grovers!

Michelle said...

Thanks for having me over! What a fun, full, filling day. Dude what about the fudge Gracie and I made??? How did it turn out? Well I guess we will just see you a little bit later today. Love ya! Merry Christmas!

Grannie Wright said...

I'm so glad to see you having some fun and inviting Michelle over. I'm just a little jealous. I better get my act together for more fun. You guys inspire me. Its not always about the shopping. This is Grannie loving and missing you soooooo much. Keep up the good work. Love ya!

Tara said...

I did read this post, but I was sooo sure I left a comment. It must have gotten deleted somehow. This post made me miss you so bad! I laughed so hard at Colby! He sure is growing up. And I bet Scarlet would love making some of those balls with Rex! Christmas is so exciting for the kids and it made me miss yours! Love you guys.