Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Mugging Santa

Nothing is going as planned this Christmas. No Christmas cards sent, no presents wrapped, no presents sent (yet) :( I've been staying up way later than I should be since the kids are out of school, but really I just wish I could stay in bed and watch TV all day (if only the kids wouldn't wreck the house if I really did do that). I do believe I'm suffering from Seasonal Affective Disorder (it's a real thing, people!) or in layman's terms the winter blues. Alas, life is calling me and I must push through! Right? Right!?!?! So, I had intended to post a lot more this month, to capture all the wonder and glory of the season, ya know... but well, you read the above explanation, right? Needless to say I just don't have it together this year. Oh well, there's always next year. Anyway, at least we got the decorations put up, that IS something! And I thought I would share my favorite Christmas decorations for your viewing pleasure. It is my collection of Santa mugs. My love of Santa mugs stems from my childhood wherein my Grandma Wright had a set of blue Santa mugs and I just adored them, truly loved them. And so, years later when I saw one in a store that closely resembled my Grandma's mugs (it was not blue) I just had to buy it and so began my collection. I still have yet to find a blue one (I'm sure I could find one online but I haven't looked there yet). I usually just buy them when I see them in a store or Kris gives them to me for Christmas. I hope you enjoy- although they are much better in person!






Blogging is good therapy! I already feel better :)

5 comments:

Michelle said...

It took me a second to get your title...so clever! I loved it and I love your Santa Mugs. Makes me want to figure out something fun that I can collect, any ideas?

Kara said...

Oh Eliza, I feel your sentiments... staying in bed watching TV, but somehow it all gets done. I was so worried my kids would have a sucky Christmas this year because I haven't been feeling so good, but it ended up great! Sounds like you are doin great, making cookies, ornaments, how fun! You are such a great Mom, I always admire your enthusiasm and creativity. I have missed blogging, too, I finally did last night and it was very theraputic!! Hope you had a great Christmas!! :o)

Kara said...

ps I love your mug collection... what a fun tradition for your kids to look back on!!

Tara said...

Yes, I have missed a few posts. My loss!!! I think SD is very real, and I know for sure I would get it. Ugh. Anyway sounds like you got the important stuff done this year! I didn't know about your mug collection, and I think it is really great. You are too cool.

Grannie Wright said...

Dear Eliza, I am about to bust this myth wide open. Your dad and Aunt Lucille made them in a ceramics class and wanted them tobe different from everyone elses. Hence the blue. they gave them to their mom for Christmas.
I'll have to see if I can find one. SUrprize! Surprize!