Thursday, January 21, 2010

Rockin' Out With Brooke

Brooke White is AWESOME,
I liked her when she was on American Idol, but now that I've seen her in concert I really like her.
She seems very cool (and funny)!

We had a fun girls' night out!

Yes, our seats were THAT good! :)



(He was the security guy, in case mayhem broke out amongst all us rowdy Mormons)



I think Michelle was about to cry when she didn't sing "Let It Be" but then she came out for an encore:




Going to see Brooke got me thinking about concerts and how it had been a while since I've been to one. And I bet you wouldn't have guessed that I've been to quite a few concerts in my time. I thought I would list as many as I could remember:

1. Dave Matthews Band- imagine me and my best friend (both of us total Molly Mormons) at this outdoor pot fest. It was awesome!!!

2. I've seen tons of country acts at Country Thunder and other places and I couldn't even begin to remember them all...

3. Bon Jovi- just after high school and it was great rockin' out with all the stuck in the '80s, big hair rockers we were surrounded by.

4. Chris Isaak- I LOVE him! Oh, pleaeaeaeaaease return the love you took from me....

5. Bette Midler- Kris got me tickets, we had NO idea she was SO vulgar! Call us naive. All I wanted to hear was The Rose and Wind Beneath My Wings. (I got to hear them at the end of the concert after cringing through all her crap!)

6. Garth Brooks- for my honey, yes I am the BEST wife ever!!! (there's an inside story to this one)

7. Weezer- I'm totally drawing a blank on the band that opened for them but they were awesome, too!

8. Fleetwood Mac- thanks to my awsome friend Christi! She is the biggest Fleetwood fan on the face of the earth and she took me with her. I totally dig on Stevie Nicks scratchy voice, it was a great concert!

9. Alison Krauss- LOVE her!!! LOVED the concert!!! One of my faves. (she sings me and Kris' song "When You Say Nothing at All" also sung by Keith Whitley)

10. Live and Collective Soul- Great time with my hubby!

There have been others for sure, but I'm drawing a blank. I'm sure Kris could remember them all for me. Which one surprised you the most? What are some of your favorite concerts that you've been to?

7 comments:

Tara said...

Wow. I am impressed a video!!! Surely you could get sued or something..;) Looks like you guys really did have a great time. You both made me laugh with these posts.

And your list of concerts is impressive seriously some classics! I am jealous. Did you know Wes has only been to 2 concerts in his entire life, one was Jimmy Eat World at a local bar so it doesn't even count, and the other was Alanis Morsette so that one counts, but I think it is funny.

Jared Jen said...

I think that I was with you for the first four of those. What a great time! All before we were even 18!

Rachelle said...

I am so jealous you got to see Bon Jovi and Live! Love them!

Michelle said...

You are one wild woman Eliza! I am so glad you put the video on it was awesome to see that!!! I had such a great time. I have been to few good concerts myself. But I would have to say my favorite was seeing Imogene Heap with Britny! We had so much fun doing that.

Grannie Wright said...

I don't remember anyconcerts I have been to. wait does the Beach Boys count. I think they were lipsinking. seriously. Sure love you guys.

Kara said...

How fun Eliza! I have been thinking lately about how I want to go to a concert... it has been too long. Chris and I always talk about it but never do it. I think the last one we went to was Diamond Rio at the Queen Creek Perf. Arts Center, and I didn't even know who they were before then. It was way cool though. And I wanted to see the Police when they were touring... i did see Sting many years ago. I too am impressed with all the conerts you have been to!! I went to a lot of "shows" like Tara was talking about, can't even recall most of the bands. I am going to see a musical with Maddy though next month... I am super excited!!

sasmithfam said...

What a fun girl's night. Wow! You have been to a lot of concerts.