Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Late Christmas Update

This year we had a great Christmas, we really enjoyed the time together as a family. I just did Rhodes cinnamon rolls for breakfast and it was nice not to have to spend the morning in the kitchen. Grandma and Grandpa Arch came over around noon to watch the kids open their presents from them which they all loved. They got Kris and me a whole bunch of stuff to do canning- a huge pot, a pressure cooker, measuring cups, etc. I'm SO excited because these are things that I have been wanting for a long time and now I will be able to can without relying on someone else (well, except to show me how to use everything!) Then we went to Michelle's in-laws (who also happen to be in our ward) for Christmas dinner. They are so nice and welcoming and we had such a great time, there was lots of delicious food, lots of good company, lots of laughter, and lots of fun. Sometimes it's sad to see Christmas come and go so quickly but I feel like we really savored the day this year.


Christmas Eve jammies- we went cheap-o this year and just did the $3 ones at Walmart on Black Friday. This worked out just fine because the kids are obsessed with Spongebob (much to my dismay, as I can't really stand it!) but they LOVED them. Only I couldn't find SB in Colby's size so he got Cars jammies.
From the back they all thought they looked like a cube of butter (except for Gracie's legs, of course)

I couldn't pass up the adorable little reindeer sockies for Colby!

Christmas morning- We love stockings at our house!

Aww, aren't they cute?
I'm really going out on a limb posting this one, but as far as me on Christmas mornings go I think it could have been a lot worse and I just thought Owen's calendar was too cute (it was one of my favorite gifts) to not post!

After all the presents were gone, I guess Colby had to see what it was like under the tree.

The End!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I am glad that you FINALLY posted again! I really didn't know how your Christmas morning was, I am glad it was joyous. I am also glad that we got to have Christmas dinner together, it was crazy but it was also crazy fun and the food was crazy good! The kids' pjs are sooo incredibly cute, I love them. The other day I watched sponge bob, ha ha I am kind of embarrassed but not really.

Tara said...

Oh yeah, so out on a limb without any makeup on! My goodness what were you thinking? Ha. Lize you could really leave the house without makeup on and totally get away with it!

Anyways, I'm glad you were able to savor the day this year. Looks like it was an enjoyable one. Loving the jammies...Dad would be proud he loves Spongebobl. I love Owen's calendar what a great idea. Well I'm happy to see you posting about Christmas, I've been wondering how it went down.

Kara said...

cute PJs! How fun that they all matched! Isaac's calendar was my favorite gift too! Actually, he did a hanging picture of Rudolph... with his handprints as the antlers, and a bag of "reindeer poo", ie chocolate raisins. :) Looks like you guys had a great Christmas

sasmithfam said...

Looks like another successful Christmas! The gifts the kids make are always the BEST. Colby is cute under the tree. I can't believe how tall Gracie is. Is she taller than Matthew?