Thursday, September 24, 2009

Lingering

We are enjoying the last vestiges of summer, ok so it's technically NOT still summer but you wouldn't be able to tell by looking at the thermometer. So we had one last (maybe) trip to the water park for some fun in the sun. This is just making up for losing the entire month of June to the rain gods.


Slow it down there, kiddo. Can't you READ?!?





You'd think we live in Arizona or something. Of course, it's probably still too hot to go to the park there yet. Kris admonished me for complaining about the heat a few days ago (it can be hard sometimes in a house without AC!) He said, "Are you kidding me, you've got nine months of winter around the corner!" And I hung my head in shame, I knew he was right so I'm repenting and embracing the unseasonably warm days and savoring the warm sunshine while it lasts!

9 comments:

Tara said...

Oh what a cute post. You will have to look at this one in the middle of a snow storm and reminisce. Looks like they enjoyed it! I know how you felt in June, we're getting crazy rain here! Love you guys! P.S. Did you get a new camera those pictures were so awesome?

Kara said...

how funny, i was just thinking the other day, wow, i guess it is too cool to go swimming one more time! but thats cuz we arizonans are whimps. 75 degrees and we put on a sweater, you know. looks like you guys sure had a great day at the park, so glad you are getting some warm days before the long dark winter. ;)

Michelle said...

Awww so cute, why didn't you invite aunt Miche? I love to watch the kids play and besides I need to get out of the house. I never see Dan anymore. I have really been enjoying these warm days I am so grateful. A couple years ago it was probably snowing by now. Yikes I am not ready for that. Love you!

Owen Family said...

Looks like so much fun! I must agree with Kris about the nine months of winter coming up. My girls are already wanting me to turn on the heater. I told them "not before Oct. 1.

Grannie Wright said...

Oh Eliza. Once an Arizona girl always an Arizona girl. Yeah you should be thankful for one more warm day. The pictures were great. I love them. It will be snow sooner than you know. Wow I did a little rhyme there. THOse Grover kids are loads of fun. Don't forget to grab Miche. Love you!!!!!

Lindsay and Ron said...

Cute pics! I am sooo not looking forward to winter again! I always seem to take summer for granted!

Kindra said...

I told vaughn this weekend that I thought it was too cold for the kids to swim...even though we are still hitting 100 everyday. I guess I am a weird arizonan.

The kids look like they had tons of fun.

Emilie said...

That looked like so much fun!! I've been bummed that our weather is so cold. It's in the 60s all the time and we live 5 minutes away from the beach. The two just don't go together.
You're kids looked like they had a blast. I feel like they get bigger and bigger each time I see pictures.

Aliece said...

Oh and it snowed today! Crazy! We are loving the AZ October weather! Remember how we would always freeze on Halloween! It was never cold before then! Nothing in comparison!