Thursday, September 10, 2009

A Baptism + A Blessing = A Really Fun Weekend

Saturday was a big day for our Miss Gracie, she was baptized! This was an exciting day for her and we were so proud of her for being baptized. We were so happy that Grannie and Pops could come up for the weekend and for all the family that came out to show their support. The weather was absolutely beautiful and so was the baptism.



Gracie and her good friend Macy are just a few weeks apart so they had the wonderful opportunity of being baptized on the same day, lucky girls!


















Later, we went out to lunch at Craigo's with everyone. We had lots of fun visiting and getting stuffed, even Colby!!!






The next day Dan and Michelle blessed their sweet little Mia. Grandma Owen, Aunt Judy and cousin Kathleen were able to drive up for the day. After church we went over to Dan's parents for lunch, there was tons of yummy food and good company!






Thanks everyone for coming and helping us to celebrate these wonderful events! We love you all!

8 comments:

Tara said...

Awww looks like a great time! Wish I could have been there! What a busy, eventful weekend! Gracie looked so angelic in her baptism pictures. She really is such a good natured, sweet girl! Kinda fun that her and Mia got to share the weekend together!

Michelle said...

Dan says that your wordsmithing abilities are astounding. He liked the swinging picture. It was a lovely weekend. It was pretty cool that we worked it out for the baptism and blessing to be in the same weekend. I love spending time with family it's just so wonderful. I am so proud of Gracie too. Love you and missing living downstairs from you.

Michelle said...

Ps I love the Meemers.

Emilie said...

I love seeing pictures of your family. It makes me miss all of you more, but I love being "included" in what's going on. :) Gracie looked amazing!! There always is something special about the baptism girl (or boy).

I also agree with Dan about how you are a very good writer. Just the other day, Neils and I were talking about how you, Tara and Michelle are just so awesome at it (That's mostly why I don't blog that much; I'm a horrible writer and NOT creative and cute :)).

Abby Annis said...

So fun to see your beautiful little family! It's been way too long. I heard about your mom. Your family has been in my thoughts and my prayers.

Also wanted to say thanks for your comment about my mom. It means so much that so many people still think of her and love her. Miss you girls and all the fun times we had on Delta Ave. :) Remember all the kittens? And the teeny tiny toads?

whitworth.crew said...

I can not believe Gracie it that old!!!!! Wasn't it just the other day that Matthew was baptized?!!!! You are right time really does fly!!! Love you guys!!!

Kara said...

Looks like a great weekend! And how lucky Gracie is to be baptized with her best friend! That is so cute that their names are Gracie and Macey. I didn't know that your sisters baby is named Mia! And how funny that they call her meemers, we call our mia that too! I think I even have that on my blog next to her picture. :) Your family looks so great!

Grannie Wright said...

It was a blast!!!! Wouldna missed it for anything. It was just the best. Pops and I had a fabulous time. It was a priviledge to lead the music and sing a song. Thank you so much. Gracie is such a wonderful girl.