Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Jumper

Rex is a jumper.
He finds immense joy in jumping from high places.
He finds even greater joy
when there is an audience to his jumping.
And it makes me laugh every time.



Sometimes Owen likes to get in on the action,
but usually he won't jump from as high as Rex does.


When Tara was here, he had her take a ton of action shots
while he jumped from the rocking chair arm.
She kept telling him to do different poses in the air.

We got a lot of laughs out of him on this night.

And that's what he loves best, to make people laugh.

And to jump, of course.

The arm of the couch works well also.





Now he's moved on to jumping off the kitchen counters.
What kind of mother am I?

9 comments:

Tara said...

Hahahahaha! It's even funnier on the blog! He sure is a ham. He looks like Peter Pan flying through the air. We love Rex!

Owen Family said...

That's funny. I think you are the kind of mother that chooses her battles. You're a great mom and have great kids.

Jamie said...

haha oh my goodness! that kid jumps really high! hes going to be a nba player some day!!! i love the post! your kids are too cute! love and miss you eliza! take care!

Kris said...

You know hun that's how all those x-games guys started on their path to millions (of tattoos!!!)

Daniel and Mary said...

So funny! I love the one about 4 pitcures from the bottom where his legs are striaght. He looks like superman just taking off.

Michelle said...

Sooo funny! I love Rex too! These shots are so awesome. It's crazy how brave he is. I can see him practicing all sorts of tricks on the tramp when he gets a little older. Sorry it's taken me awhile to post our internet kind of stinks. Love you!
PS-Since he is going to be a bat for Halloween maybe you could get some shots of him "flying".

Jamie said...

You are a nicer mommy than me!!!

Kara said...

that is hilarious!!! he sounds just like Isaac! Isaac is my jumper, and finds immense joy in jumping off things and doing other dangerous tricks, especially on our trampoline. Maybe you need to get one for Christmas! I'll bet Rex would be out there in the freezing cold every day. I love the pictures of him, what a crack up! We haven't ever thought to do that with Isaac. Mia is quite the jumper lately too, yesterday she was climbing up on the side of the tub and jumping, belly flop style into the water, which wasn't very deep! aaahhh! but she was having a blast. so i guess i am a worse mom than you. the thing about isaac jumping off stuff tho, is i knew he would always land on his feet, even when he was little like rex, cuz he is so coordinated!

Grannie Wright said...

Like a true grandma I just kept worring that he was gonna break something. It reminds me of how hard we laughed when I was up there with Tara. Miss you all!comedpa