Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Zoopendous!

On Friday we got to celebrate Kris' b-day by hanging out with his dad and going to the Idaho Falls Zoo. I had never been there, and Kris and his dad, Brent, hadn't been there for ages. I think we were all pleasantly surprised. It was small enough to be able to see everything in about an hour but had enough variety to keep everyone entertained. The kids had tons of fun hanging out with their Grandpa Grover and Kris had a good birthday (I think).










I'll be darned if I can't get the kids to just smile normal all at the same time. So I have this odd assortment of goofy smiles, not looking at the camera, and other silliness. Oh well!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Well they may be smiling goofey but I think the pics are adorable. It looks like you guys had a great time. I am glad that you got to spend time with Kris' dad and that he had a good birthday!

Tara said...

That's why I LOVE seeing your pictures! The kids always come up with silliest/goofiest stuff, I usually laugh out loud. {It's sad that I feel dumb actually writing that out}

So, yeah, who knew? The Idaho Falls Zoo looks pretty decent. I have never seen a picture of Kris' Dad before. Nice to see you all having a good time together. Miss ya. Love ya.

Vaughn said...

I have also never seen pictures of Kris' dad before. Glad to see you get sunshine way up north some of the time. By the way 116 degrees yesterday. We would go to the zoo but I am pretty sure all of the animals have died of exhaustion.

Jared Jen said...

I remember the Phoenix Zoo having a water fountain lion. What memories! Happy Birthday Chris!

Kara said...

Looks like a fun zoo! I love how you illustrate the pictures with words, it makes for such a nice post! How do you do that?
As a mom, i know i always want my kids to smile normal and look their best, but how fun is that? goofy smiles add lots of character and fun stories to pictures!!

Grannie Wright said...

Dear KRIS and Family,
It looks like a fun birthday. Goofy pictures and all. I'm glad Kris got to see his dad. It looks like everyonehad a good time. Keep the pictures coming. Love, Grannie