Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Under the Knife

On Wednesday the 15th Rex went in to have his tonsils and adenoids removed. He suffered from sleep apnea, which caused him to really struggle to breathe while he was sleeping. Because he had them removed for breathing reasons the Dr. wanted him to stay overnight in the hospital to make sure there were no complications. It was an interesting time to say the least but we survived. It's not easy to keep an active little 3 year old content while he's cooped up in a hospital room chained down to an IV stand. Rex was a trooper, though, and the Dr. was impressed with how great he was acting. You really couldn't tell he'd just had surgery. Now, I just hope the high pitched voice and excessive whining are only a side effect from the medication...








7 comments:

Michelle said...

How cute, loved the post. He really was a trooper. The pictures are adorable, and now he will always be able to remember the first time he was in the hospital, aside from his birth ofcourse.

Tara said...

Oh my goodness. It is so funny to see these pictures. I was trying to imagine in my mind what it would be like for him and you, and now I know. Except you made it look too adorable. I loved the picture with him pushing the IV along the most. Seriously love that little boy, hope he is sleeping peacefully!

whitworth.crew said...

Wow it looks like he did a really good job. I know sometimes it seems like it is harder for the mom than it is the kid. But it looks like you both pulled through!!! Love you guys!!!

Lucille Jarvis said...

A real trooper, what a big guy. I got my tonsils out when I was five, quite an experience at such a young age. Hope all is well, Eliza you have such a darling family, love you.....

Grannie Wright said...

Well as usual, I think the pictures are great. Rex made it through like trooper. I know its always harder on Mom and Dad. Its so nice to keep updated. Hang in there Rex. I have one word for you popsicles. Love, Grannie

Bdub said...

seriously? why doesnt anyone tell me anything anymore? geez guys! now i know how vaughn feels.. why am i always the last one to know? im glad he is ok tho. i love you guys.. see ya soon..

Kara said...

oh so sad that your little baby had to go under the knife! but he is so cute, he just looks so defenseless, with all those tubes sticking out of him. i'm glad he did so well. i'll bet he was glad to come home!