Friday, July 10, 2009

Cousin Lovin'

The last several weeks we have had lots of family visiting. It began in the middle of June right after my sister Michelle had her baby. My mom, sister Tara, and her daughter Scarlet came for a few weeks. We had tons of fun just hanging around and visiting. It was so great to get to spend a lot of time with my mom after everything that has happened over the last several months. She is doing great and working so hard to get all better. We had fun at the park and one night we went down to the museum in Idaho Falls to see the Titanic exhibit (it made me want to watch the movie again). The kids loved the huge "iceberg" they had and each saw how long they could leave their hands on it. We also had a baby shower for Michelle and we had a lot of fun with everyone that came.We loved having them here and were so sad to see them go.

I totally stole the first three pictures from Tara's blog, but they were so cute, how could I not?
Owen, Rex and Scarlet






At the museum



Mom, T and Scarlet left on Friday night and the Bergens' (one of my other sisters' fam) came on Monday night. Their kids match up perfectly with ours, the exception being Matthew, who has no cousins his age. They all had tons of fun playing together the whole week, hopefully everyone got their cousin fill while they were here. We went to the splash park, Keith took the older kids bowling, we traded babysitting so we could each have a date night (this was great and it made me wish we lived closer so we could do it more often!) we went to Yellowstone on Thursday, Grand Teton NP on Friday and the 4th of July parade on Saturday. We were so glad they came to visit and we had tons of fun. Hopefully we will get to do it again sometime!

Playing by the river where we ate lunch in Yellowstone
The babies, only one day apart (I'm kinda sad I didn't get a better picture of them together)
The older bunch

Check out this massive buffalo herd, you probably have to enlarge it to really see just how big
(there must be lots of cousins in here:)
Matthew, Gracie, Audrey, and Owen

These two crack me up, Audrey is 5 months older than Gracie

Playing on the bank at the lake where we stopped to eat in Grand Teton Park

All the cousins together (whew, it looks like so many!)

Thanks for coming to visit everyone! We love having visitors (we hope you liked it too!)

9 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh yes having visitors is great in this sometimes seemingly desolate town (did that make sense?). In the picture with Matthew, the one that he has a hat on and he looks so old, like a teenager it kind of freaked me out because he'll be there before you know it. I laughed at the picture that Gracie did bunny ears on Matt and I loved the picture with all the Grovers and all the Bergens it reminded me of the Brady Bunch but bigger. It's crazy to think of all the fun that went on, what a fun filled summer huh? It makes me sad to think that soon I will not be your underneath neighbor. I will miss coming over whenever, seeing you and the kids almost everday (or at least a few times a week), having someone to borrow stuff from, our longs talks and Dan wondering what the heck happened to me, being in the same ward (I just realized this one and now church will totally suck), and also having a place to hang the hammock-jk. I know you will only be what 7 minutes away but really now we will have to make a plan and everything to come over. I am still greatful though that we are close. Love you. PS-I am glad to see the plethura of posts.

Tara said...

F-I-N-A-L-L-Y! You post, I have anxiously been awaiting and it has seemed like an eternity since your last post.

Hey thanks for the shout out. Love that you got those pics off my blog, there are more I need to email you of your kids as well. Especially the ones of Owen and Rex flying off the stairs, and Rex flying off the couch, since those will make adorable blog posts.

Glad we were able to visit, nice making memories with you all you guys. I have made those pretzel rolos like five times.

Looks like you and the Bergens had a blast! What fun activites you all did. I loved that last picture of all of you guys with the mountains in the back. Audrey and Gracie together just make me laugh so hard.

Love you guys, miss you!

Grannie Wright said...

We had a great time. DAD and I are really looking forward to coming up.It was so fun doing the shower for Michelle. That salsa was pretty good wasn't it? So glad everyone got to take some home! Cousins are so fun. Aliece did mention the herd of buffalo. I need to visit with her some more. Love you, MOM

Kindra said...

Looks like you guys have been having tons of fun! Wish we were there too! And it looks so beautiful outside. Its just horrible here.

Kara said...

Wow, Eliza, you guys have been having so much fun with so many cousins! I didn't know Elise had 4 kids! Cool. Is she in Mesa again or some where else? Glad you could all get together! We have cousins around all the time so we do nothing cuz its old news. ;) But we kinda have had the suckiest summer ever, haven't done much besides swim and just hang out. But we are on our way to San Diego for one last hoorah, b4 school starts on the 30th. This summer has gone by WAY too fast!

Kara said...

Oops, sorry I spelled Aliece wrong, sorry! Its fun reading your fams comments. :)

Aliece said...

Thanks for posting! I will get to it just as soon as I get to my pics... I'm getting better! We had a blast. It was hard to leave, I cried a little - no surprise! The kids had so much fun. Noah asked me "where's Rex" for 5 days. Audrey always wishes she could live near her cousins. I can hardly wait to get together again! I think those snowbirds have the right idea!

Aliece said...

I did miss getting a blogging lesson from you Lize! I might be calling!

Kris said...

This isn't about this post in particular (because they are always good!) but I like the update on the header it looks cool!