Monday, December 22, 2008

Winter Wonderland


I know everyone out there in Arizona who is reading this is extremely jealous right now.

Jealous of the fact that we get to enjoy a white Christmas.

Did you know that jumping on the trampoline can be a winter activity, too?And I know you're jealous that you don't get to do it.
And I bet you are jealous that you don't get to build snow caves in your front yard.

And I KNOW you are jealous that you don't get to shovel the snow off of your driveways!
Or drive on roads with inches thick ice. Or start your car 15 minutes before you leave somewhere. Or, I bet you are jealous of the fact that you don't get to wear your snowpants and boots to school every day. And that you don't get snow days at school (that means that we get to stay at home and drink hot chocolate all day, and we don't have to fake the fact that we are really cold and we really need it to warm us up!) I know, I bet I just made all you Zonies out there want to move to Rexburg!

5 comments:

Tara said...

Well, I think Wes is sold, no matter what. How cute of all the kids, I bet it is fun to have memories of a white Christmas. I think of all the activities we were left out of growing up like sledding, skiing, snowboarding, & snowmobiling. I don't think I even know how to do any of those activities, and I don't think I ever will. Just think, I didn't want to have kids until you invited me to watch Owen be born. It's still one of the most amazing spiritual experiences of my life... I am so grateful to you for that and for the wonderful example of a mother you are! Love you.

Grannie Wright said...

Yeah it's hotter than hell in Az., but you don't have to shoYeahvel it. I bet drinking all that hot chocolate makes you look like a chocolate covered Santa. Yeah, I was just riding my bike wishing it would snow so I could rest. I'm racking my brain trying to figure out another use for snow chains. Wind chimes maybe? comments made by pops courtesy of grannie! I am just a teeny weeny bit jealous of the white Christmas part.

Lindsay and Ron said...

You make it sound so fun! Let me tell you how it was for me this morning. I'm barely stepping out of the shower when Ronnie comes in and tells me that I'm riding with him to work today because my little car is high centered! I'm glad we decided to buy the Subaru this year...a life saver in the winters! Merry WHITE Christmas!

Kris said...

It makes me soooo grateful for awesome neighbors with snowblowers!

Eliza said...

I think it is fun having a white winter wonderland by Gracie to mommy