Monday, November 3, 2008

Trick or Treat!

We all had a great time on Halloween this year. Gracie spent the afternoon and evening with a friend of hers and we definitely missed her, but she had fun. I just don't think I was prepared for her to be spending Halloween with friends yet, but we know the family well so we just rolled with it. We didn't get to do her blood splattered costume though, and that was one of the things I was looking forward to the most. Rex pretty much refused to leave his pumpkin suit on but he did let Kris put zombie makeup on him so we had a houseful of zombies. Owen asked me what I was for Halloween and I said that I was dressed up as a Party Pooper. Kris thought that was pretty good. Owen had a fit when we tried to put stubble on his face and almost refused to let me do it, but being a mean mom I made him do it and I told him how everyone would love it. I could hardly get him to stop crying long enough so that the tears wouldn't run down and smear it. Poor kid was so embarrassed to walk into the school (we went to watch Matthew and Gracie in the costume parade) but he looked so dang cute! Then right off the bat people were commenting on his costume and everyone knew he was Indiana Jones and then we saw a few other boys in the parade with stubble drawn on their faces and he perked right up, and he knew he looked good and he told me he wasn't embarrassed anymore! Rex was the dang cutest kid to go trick or treating with ever. He was so excited to run up to the door and say "trick or treat" in his cute little voice even before the door was open! He has the cutest little voice, you'll just have to trust me on this one! Then he would say "thank you" and the people would say "you're welcome" and he would run away from the house saying "you're welcome"! It was a fun mommy moment. I was smiling and laughing the whole time. One of the best parts of the night was the weather, it was warm enough we didn't even have to wear jackets! I was so happy!!!


Don't mess around with this zombie!




BOO!



Everybody loves Indiana!

One of these boys is not like the other...


One dead zombie at the end of the night.



3 comments:

Tara said...

Those were the funniest pictures ever! Maybe it cause I watched him be born, or witnessed his first steps, but Owen has me cracking up! His poses! Even in the family picture! How funny sounds like you guys had a really fun night, wish I could have seen all of you. Miss you love you!

Michelle said...

I love halloween and I definitely wish I could have been there too. Someday I will not have to work and I will be able to come trick or treating with you. Tara has a connection to Owen and I feel like I have a connection to Rex, he was the cutest little zombie boy ever. The whole family looked so great!

Kara said...

Scary, scary pictures, I think I will rate them PG 13 and not let my kids see them. ;) How fun that all the boys were zombies... what were you?? I was a witch for our Halloween Party, but only cuz I had to be something! By the way, I totally wish you and your kids were there, I kept thinking about you guys when I was planning and having our party... maybe you could come down next year for our 2nd annual Sly Halloween Party!! I would love that... however unreasonable and silly that invitation is. :o)
I loved the Indiana Jones costume, too, and baby Colby looks so cute!! He's so adorable, I think he looks just like you! Gracie looks cute, I wish you had more of a close up of her!