Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Cross Jar Contamination

So, we have this problem in our household and it comes from having kids who are old enough to make their own sandwiches and toast. We like to call it cross jar contamination. This is the phenomenon where the butter knife does not get sufficiently cleaned prior to entering the second jar of topping leaving us with bits of jam in the peanut butter or vice versa and chunks of butter in the jam. And my kids happen to be jam lovers so we have several different kinds of jam in the fridge with this problem going on. This drives me crazy as I love a clean smooth peanut butter and non contaminated jams! Oh well, this is just one of the many benefits of raising small children! ;-)

5 comments:

Tara said...

Ya that stuff is kinda gross. It reminds me of growing up. Ha. Only a few days left wish I could be there for that...

Aliece said...

Hey Liza! Happy B-day, just a little late! I threw something in Mom's package for you! We don't have much contamination yet. We teach peanut butter first, because Keith likes PB and finding a little in the jam is like a bonus!
Check Gracie's pic for a note from Audrey!
Aliece

Michelle said...

Yeah that is pretty gross but pretty funny too.

sasmithfam said...

Love the cross jar contam. We totally have it. We also get butter contamination with toast crumbs. Can't get a nice clean bit of butter either. We got to love those kids. ;)

Grannie Wright said...

I love the old women's story. I knew the what the girl was talking about before the little girl even explained. That's why I'm glad to be in primary. Keep the great stories coming. Ilove it.