Saturday, August 16, 2008

End of Summer Fun!

I've been feeling like such a lazy mom these last few weeks of summer. At least I have a good excuse, but the end of our summer has been shaping up to be pretty good, so now I don't have to feel so guilty for being a slacker mom. We went to Yellowstone last Saturday and just enjoyed a day of driving, beautiful weather and scenery and we got to see 3 bears! We finished up soccer for Matthew and Gracie this week and we went to the City of Rexburg employee party where the kids got to enjoy a giant water slide, a climbing wall, free carousel rides and good food. Then last night we went to the Madison County Fair. We walked over since the fairgrounds are basically around the corner from our house. We watched a little of the rodeo, they jumped in a bouncy thing, shot guns, climbed all over an army tank (Kris kept insisting it wasn't a tank but who knows what a Howitzer? is anyway!) enjoyed snow cones and fudge, and looked at all the animals. It was a small town af'fair' (ha,ha, I kill me) but we had a nice time anyway! On Tuesday they are having a big citywide back to school party for all the kids in the area called Celebrate Youth and they will have a bunch of carnival games and dinner (I can't turn down free food) so the kids are looking forward to that and getting back to school. I think they are bored with me.

3 comments:

sherida@blogspot said...

I feel like a lazy mom to, I wish I could be more lazy sometimes. However a single, working mom of a 2 1/2 year old...Busy! OK, I can't believe you are almost ready to have baby number 5, WOW! That's GREAT! Your family is adorable! I love seeing Tera all the time, she does an amazing job with my hair do. Have a happy day!

Tara said...

So, you are the best mom ever. I'm so glad you have this blog it makes me feel that much more connected to you. The kids are getting so big. We were talking the other day about how fun your blog is to read, we think you and kris should write some type of book...I think it could be big...Not much time left for baby!

Kara said...

Slacker Mom? You're an awesome Mom! I don't do anything with my kids and I don't have the pregnant excuse like you. Sounds like you have a lot of fun activities there in Rexberg!! I love the part about shooting guns. :) But seriously, how fun it must be for that reason to be in a smaller town... and probably less crowds, too. We miss you guys too. I'm glad youre still enjoying the weather, too! :)