Friday, August 22, 2008

Back to school we go!



Just like that, our blink and you'll miss it summer is over! Literally, I blinked and I missed it! Well, it was snowing in the middle of June for the love of Pete. Now the air is filled with that autumn chill and it's all over. I can't complain too much since I didn't want a horrible icky summer to suffer through my pregnancy with but come on, two months long, aaaahhhh! Oh well, this is what I get for living somewhere with seasons. So, weather complaints aside I must admit it is heavenly having school back in session. Does this make me a bad mom? I am so glad to be back into a routine of sorts and to have a little more calm around the house and I think the kids are having fun being back in school. This is the trick- bore them to death the last few weeks of summer and they'll be so glad to be going back to school. I can't believe I have a fourth grader!?! and a second grader!?! They seem so old, am I really old enough to have a kid in 4th grade, yikes! Gracie (or let me reclarify) Katie (as she goes by in school) (I have a harder time with this than she does, I think she enjoys her double identity) was nervous to go but she overcame her nerves and had a great first day. Matthew is just so- how do I describe it- noncaring. He doesn't get nervous and he doesn't really care who his teacher is, he's just very matter of fact about the whole thing. He always likes his teachers and he's always a good sport about everything. Now we can have the baby and everything will be right in my world, well, you know what I mean! :-) I had to put up a picture of my cute little non-schoolers on the first day of school, I especially thought Rex' little closed eyes were adorable, I couldn't resist!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I love this blog thing. It's great to see the kids on the first day of school. I am sooo glad that you got to do some fun stuff before school started. Love you guys, Grannie and Pops

Tara said...

So cute!!! Growing up some of my favorite pictures were our back to school ones. Especially the ones with the trapper keepers...Ah! Those were the good ole days. Anyways the kids look super cute and grown up! One week left to go any contracions??? Love you!

Kara said...

So have you had that baby yet??? I hope soon! I want to see him! Make Kris do a post as soon as things are settled a little bit. What are you guys naming him... or is it a secret??
So Gracie goes by Katie at school? Thats hard to picture! I guess Maddy goes by Madison at school, she got tired of Maddy... but thats much closer than Katie and Gracie... although I did know Katie was her first name. She and Matthew look very cute on their first day... so do Owen and Rex. :) Matthew sounds like Isaac... doesn't really care, just knows thats how it is, and goes along with it all. Well, I hope we get to see your baby soon! Tell him his public awaits, so he'd better come SOON!

sasmithfam said...

I must say that 4 nights with rain and being 6 mon. prego is definitely "worse" than my camping experience. You are the best with being such a good sport. Yes, it is all about the kids, isn't it. We are anxiously awaiting word about your sweet baby. Watch out! The first year will go by quickly. I can't believe how quickly. Your kids are so adorable on their first day. That is awesome about Matthew. Pretty laid back? I can't believe I have a 4th grader either. It all goes too fast. Yeah! I think seasons would be nice, at least cooler temps more but I am not a snow girl. Hope all goes well with labor. We'll be checking to see what news awaits on your blog. :)

Kara said...

To answer your question: yes, you do!! Because no one else has *waaahh!*