Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Four Wheeling Fun

This weekend we were invited to go camping and four-wheeling with some friends of ours. Of course it had to be rainy and super windy the first night we were there and we debated coming home but we were troopers (although at this point I don't think we'd qualify as happy campers) and decided to stick it out. Good thing, because Saturday turned out to be a perfect day in spite of my crankiness due to lack of sleep from the night before. Anywho, we had a great time playing in the creek (well, the kids did) and going on some rides. The boys went first and rode to the top of a mountain and then the girls took their turn. It was about a three hour ride and was tons of fun. I had never been 4-wheeling like that and it was a blast! It definitely appeals to that thrill seeker in me.


Rider Rex!

Dirtbike dudes

Gonna have to get him one of these...

Boys' ride

Creek fun

Sexy Rexy

Jai-Alai anyone?

Girls turn

At the summit

We made it to the top!

Girls Rule!

Cool old mining stuff on the mountain

Gorgeous canyon

Such a beautiful view on the way out

Mr. Joe Cool


5 comments:

Tara said...

Wow! Looks like a great weekend, some georgeous scenery! Makes me miss being up North and riding... Glad to see ya'll having some family fun.

Kara said...

fun stuff! we have never been on a quading expedition... i guess the boys have, but not me! sounds like a great time! good job makin it to the top. :)

Emilie said...

You are such a fun family!!! I never plan fun things like that...hopefully I'll get better by stealing ideas from your family fun. ;)

whitworth.crew said...

I love camping!! Glad you guys had so much fun!! I haven't gone 4-wheeling!!! What a fun thing to do with all those boys. Gracy looked like she had fun too!! Love ya guys!!

Grannie Wright said...

Glad you hung in there for the night and got some great weather. The Lord blesses the patient. The pictures are lovely. We really do liketo go up. And I'M GLAD WE WILL STILL HAVE A REASON TO. Love you tons and tons! Love you Grannie and Pops