Saturday, June 5, 2010

The Graduate

I'm just now getting around to posting the pictures from Owen's kindergarten graduation which took place on May 25th. Kris thinks these kind of things are lame but I think they are adorable. Owen absolutely refused to wear a tie. I tried but I wasn't in the mood to fight him. I did promise him that there would be other boys there wearing ties, but he would not believe me. Oh well, I think in the end he knew Mom was right. :)
Now- off to school all day and eating lunch in the cafeteria- yay!


The whole class


The Principal, Owen and his teacher

Proud Papa

Proud Mama

Some buddies


On this video I swung over to get a shot of Owen's friend Parker. She's the adorable little girl in the polka dot dress.

Sorry about the sound in this one (they have the crappiest sound system at their school) so you can't really hear Owen reading his poem but at the very end I swung over and got a quick shot of the words.

Doesn't this one just make you want to get up and do Riverdance! Unfortunately, I had Rex on my lap at this point causing all kinds of wiggly mayhem so sorry for the carsickness.

This is just the beginning of all those big dreams!

6 comments:

Tara said...

Oh what a cute program! I loved Owen in his red hat! He sure is growing up...so weird to think he'll be in first grade. Man. I will still never forget the day he was born. It was fun to see a little picture of Parker, since I've heard so much about her. She's cute. I also liked Gracie's, well I mean KG's hair. Looking good! Alright, hopefully summer is going swell. Love ya guys.

Jamie said...

This was the first time any of our kids had a preschool graduation. I really wasn't looking forward to it, but ended up thinking it was ADORABLE! It was SO cute!

Your graduate is too cute! :)

Michelle said...

I seriously was so sad when I found out that I missed this. The pictures and videos definitely made up for it. Owen is such a sweet boy. I can't believe how grown up he is.

Grannie Wright said...

I love, love, loved it. WOW Owen you are really moving up in the world. Graduation! That's big stuff. It was a really great program. It did make wanna get up and do the Riverdance! Owen you can really keep a beat. That's something you get from POPS. Sure love you guys!!!!!

Kara said...

So cute! I can't believe how grown up Owen is! I still remember him like 2 yrs old! Isaac was my 1st to have a kinder graduation.. (weird huh?) and I totally bawled during it... I was sad for kindergarten to be over! I loved his teacher. They sang that song, inch by inch, row by row... gonna make my garden grow... have you heard that one? Anyway, its late I'm rambling. Owen is adorable!

whitworth.crew said...

Graduation!!! I can't belive our boys are that old!! Congrates Owen!!