Sunday, June 8, 2008

Rex Turns Two!

It was Rex's birthday on June 7th and here he is enjoying his birthday donuts (he went for mom's favorite, the Boston cream). This is a tradition I enjoyed growing up, we would always have donuts for breakfast whenever somebody had a birthday. I must say I love that Kris is carrying on this tradition. He is always the one who gets up early to go get the donuts. I don't think he knows how much I love it and appreciate it. I am big on traditions and this one brings back a lot of fond memories and is creating a lot of great new ones.

Mmmm, this is good. Here he is enjoying licking the bowl after helping me make his birthday cake. He always wants to help in the kitchen now, much to Owen's dismay, I think. But all of the kids enjoyed helping to decorate the cake, which is why our puppy cake has soooo many spots! (Rex added the colorful spots:-)








Uncle Dan and Aunt Michelle came up for the little party. Rex LOVES Aunt "Chelle" and is especially excited to go to nursery these days, since they are some of his teachers. He was a little unsure about opening his presents but he quickly got into it and had fun tearing into the paper and then playing with all his new toys (that is, when he could get them out of the hands of his older siblings). All in all it was a great two year old birthday!

2 comments:

Kara said...

Two years old is so fun! Birthday Donuts....What a great tradition! I also love traditions... one of our birthday traditions is to eat of the "birthday plate" so fun! Ava has an "Aunt Chelle," too! Michelle loves that Ava calls her that. :) I can't believe that she will be 3 years old soon (well I guess 4 months), it seems like she just turned 2! Well, I hope the summer is wonderful up there, its miserable down here as ususal! :o)

Tara said...

Oh he is so cute, he's getting so so big. We really miss you guys! I'm jealous of Mich and Dan...