Friday, June 20, 2008

Can I just say how smart it makes me feel when I can get the answer right on the final Jeopardy question. And how extra smart I feel when I get the answer right and none of the contestants gets it right. Oh yeah, this happened yesterday so I was feeling pretty good. I'm not really sure why I've been on a Jeopardy kick lately, maybe I feel like I'm learning something while I'm watching it and since my brain is pretty much half gone since having children I need all the help I can get. I'm sure that within the next two years I will pretty much not be able to help Matthew with his math homework anymore. No seriously, there were things on his homework this year (3rd grade!!!) that really made me think and I swear they have changed the terms of some things over the years so it's the same things that I learned they just call them something else just to confuse me. If you don't have school age children yet you will know what I mean when you do.


So, we had an awesome weekend last week. We went to the airshow on Saturday morning, actually we rode our bikes to the Nature Park which is pretty close to our house and right next to the airport where they do the airshow. We spread out a blanket on the grass and enjoyed the most perfect weather this year, high 70s, sun shining. I sunburned my knees and moved my farmer's tan up a couple of inches woohoo!!! It was fantastic! We watched the planes taking off and doing their tricks for a couple of hours, the kids ran and played all over the grass, it was perfect! Then we rode our bikes home and loaded up the burban and went out to eat at Big Jud's. I guess after the perfect morning we all wanted to eat the perfect burger. Unfortunately, you really have to wait for perfection and with four (well, five if you count Kris) hungry kids this can get a bit challenging at times. Luckily, Matthew had his DS with him (gasp) I know, we don't usually let him bring it anywhere public but he snuck it in and it actually was the saving grace that day. He played while Owen watched and we really only had to corral Rex for the hour and a half that we were waiting for our food. Thank goodness it's a low key place and not too many people took notice of Rex climbing all over the table. Kris and the kids split a Big Jud (a one pound burger that is huge!) and they were actually able to eat the whole thing! They were pretty proud of themselves. Before we left we enjoyed eating ice cream cones on the bench outside and it was perfect.


After we got home the boys were anxious to move into their new bedroom. Since Aunt Michelle and Uncle Dan decided to move into our two bedroom apartment, the boys are moving into their old bedroom and we are going to use the other room as a game/play room. We have a pool/ping pong table that Kris' parents gave us for Christmas and we haven't had anywhere to put it until now. Now Gracie will have her own room and Rex moved into the boys' old room and we will put the baby in with him. It's nice to feel like we have a little more breathing room. In the process of moving the boys downstairs we had a little fun mattress surfing (a little reminiscent of The Princess Diaries), even I got in on the action (I'm not sure the doctor would approve) and the kids were sad that it had to come to an end.


The next day was Fathers' Day and we had a nice relaxing day. I cooked Kris breakfast, we went to church (even got there on time), he cooked dinner in the dutch oven, the kids had fun making him go on a treasure hunt and we just generally enjoyed the beautiful weather and family. We are so grateful to have a wonderful husband and father who works so hard to take care of us. Even if he does change his facial hair every other week. :-) I am so thankful that he feels it is important to have me stay at home with the kids, this is a great blessing and I know I don't always show the love and appreciation that I have for him because of this. The kids love and adore him and think he is really funny. They are so blessed to have their dad. I hope he realizes just how important and loved he is!



3 comments:

Tara said...

Seriously I forget how funny you truly are! Jeopardy...? I guess I would watch it too if I could get only one question right, it only makes me feel dumber. Mattress surfing while pregnant? You really are the coolest mom ever. Well, this post really does make me miss you. Tell Kris we miss him and think he is a great dad.

Kara said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend! I wish I could say our Fathers Day went so well, it sucks having my bday on Fathers Day... isn't that so selfish of me? Well it sucks having to rush to make breakfast, rush to get ready for church, rush to get home and make brownies, rush to see Chris's Dad, and then rush to see my Dad! No fun! Thats about how my Mothers Day went too! I know, I'm a complainer this late at night. The highlight of my Mothers Day was definitely seeing my kids sing to me from the pulpit with all the other cute little primary kids. I loved it! You are such a fun Mom to go mattress surfing and take your kids to the airshow when you are so prego! :)

Michelle said...

Hey Eliza, this is Mich. I was just reading your post and realizing how much I miss seeing you guys everyday, and how much I miss out on what goes on with you guys now that I am married. It sounds like it has been a pretty good summer for you (now that its here). I just want you to know I love you and appreciate all you do for me.