Thursday, March 15, 2012

Walking Warriors

A couple of weeks ago when it was Dr. Seuss' birthday, which is like the biggest "school" holiday of the year, my children's school held a book parade. I was trying to ignore it, but of course my kids think they need to participate in every single school activity/event that comes around. I hmmed and hawed when they would bring it up and you know Gracie, the blatant hint dropper, would say things like, "Gee, I sure wish we had a wagon..." Because that was one of the suggestions for what to make your float on. The only help I gave them was recommending they use the stroller as the base for their float (it was all we had to work with) and they just ran with it. I think they chose the Warriors (a book about cats living in the wild) because they knew they could pretty easily throw something together.  They gathered up all their stuffed cats, tied them to the stroller, cut out and taped some grass, made some posters and some cat ears and viola! they had themselves a float. They were all so excited to get to participate and I was so proud of them for working together and having such a great time with each other. And all I had to do was buy the posterboard and the headbands! 






A little side note- There was this great float for the book "Matched". See the girl in the green dress under the umbrella in the background of this photo? I didn't even notice it until they were almost done with the parade and when I saw it I thought it was awesome, she had her arms up and in the pose the whole time (search the book online if you have no idea what I'm talking about). Then we got to the end and they started taking apart their float before I could get a picture and I was a little bummed, but when I went through the pictures later there it was in the background.

9 comments:

Michelle said...

I love that your kids worked together and pulled this off. They are so cute. I am glad that they love each other so much and get along so well. Good idea to use the stroller.

Anonymous said...

Warriors
fight for love and freedom.
Anon E. Muss

smell my farty crack said...

turdy pants are great weapons
MATTHEW FARTED!!

Awesome people said...

HE FARTED AGAIN!!!!! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!

potatoe said...

Warriors are cats not people Anon E. Muss

french fries are mutant said...

POtatoe
spud
tater
french fry my butt

lolz cat purrzon said...

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oooooooo said...

OOH!!! COMMENT BUTTON!!!!

ybutt said...

smell