Friday, April 1, 2011

Disneyland Part One

During spring break we took the kids to California to celebrate Matthew's 12th birthday. Kris had been promising this to Matthew for a few years (Kris really just wanted to go back to Disneyland and he thought he needed a good reason).

Line 'em up. I think it's funny how Gracie looks like the oldest now since she is the tallest. Hopefully, Matthew will pass her soon.
Colby wanted to do anything involving the water so when he saw the canoes he made a beeline for them. The line was short and we had never done it before, everyone had a lot of fun. Everyone wanted to make a sugar straw (I have no idea what they are called) and they all had a lot of fun filling (and eating) them. While the big kids were riding Indiana Jones, the little boys and I had some fun at Tarzan's Treehouse. Rex wanted to go up twice and I was pretty worn out after all those steps. Rex and Colby just "monkeyin' around" at Tarzan's I think this is my favorite picture of the whole trip. Who doesn't love some Mickey pretzels? We always love Small World, after all. While all the big kids rode Big Thunder Mountain (Rex' favorite, by far) Colby and I hung out at Big Thunder Ranch. He would not go any closer to this huge cow and he kept looking at her and then at me with this look like "I ain't going any closer Mom."
Colby was also too terrified of Woody to get in this picture so Matthew and Gracie posed.
Colby did, however, enjoy the merry-go-round, of course.
A favorite moment of the trip for me- letting these two watch the fireworks show from our hotel window after their bath. They loved it (and we didn't have to fight the crowds).

2 comments:

Tara said...

I'm so sad I didn't get to experience it with you! Up Tarzan's twice while prego? You are a go-getter! That is a lot of work! Glad you guys had fun, the kids are so grown up!

Grannie Wright said...

WOW! Part one..., Can't wait for part two... Colby's smart not to trust that big ole' cow. Eliza, I have to agree with Tara. Tarzan twice while youi are pregnant. Tough stuff! Sure love you guys.