Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Best $9 I've Ever Spent



This is Colby on his no-pedal bike. We first saw a little kid riding one of these in Yellowstone a few years ago and thought it was the funniest and coolest thing we'd ever seen. So I checked them out on the internet and discovered that they weren't cheap. Like $80 and up, so I pretty much wrote it off 'cuz as cool as it was I didn't really want to spend that on a little kid's bike.

Then at Christmastime I was shopping at Target and I happened upon this little beauty (unassembled in a box, of course) on a shelf and had to double check the clearance price tag of $9.08 because I could hardly believe my eyes. I could not believe my good fortune! And Colby was instantly in love! He rides this thing everywhere and he's dang fast, too. Picture a pregnant lady chasing (literally running full out) this guy down the street because he can go so stinkin' fast. And it's great for balance. I swear he'll be riding a two-wheeler before Rex. I was really hoping Rex would be able to use it but unfortunately, the balance bike is too small for him.

I would highly recommend this to parents of young children and actually I think you can find them cheaper now. The original price on the one I got at Target said it was $40 and I just looked on Amazon and found some that were $50. I've been more than happy with the one we have (and so has Colby).


3 comments:

Tara said...

The look on his face as he rides says it all! That was a great deal! I've been thinking Scarlet was ready for a bike, maybe I should try one of these? Can't wait to see you guys!

Grannie Wright said...

oh my gosh! I love that bike. I can take a really terrific walk with the Colbster. Cuz he doesn't make it easy for me to keep up with him.

Britny said...

I love Colby and his bike!! AND he looks so cool riding it!