Tuesday, January 18, 2011

December Recap

Well, actually I'm starting with the end of November. Gracie had her orchestra concert on the 23rd. She loves playing the violin and she did a great job!



On December 2nd we went to Matthew's choir concert. I sacrificed an hour of sleep once a week before school to get him to choir since it was an extra activity that he wanted to do. Maybe it was because of all those girls...
I've been trying to upload videos from his concerts but am not having any luck :(

On Dec. 8th Gracie got to participate in the school spelling bee. And she won (she's only a 4th grader)! She was SO excited and we were all so proud of her. I could hardly stand the nerves, I don't think I have ever been more nervous in my life. Now it's on to the district bee this week and I'm so nervous it's killing me. I'm just praying she can make it past the first round.

On the 12th we went to Matthew's band concert. They did a great job. We love the music teacher at their school, he's a great band teacher and he also did the choir class.

Dec. 18th had us out in the desert enjoying a cookout with Kris' side of the family. We had yummy hot dogs, smores and some fun 4 wheelin'.


Colby really enjoyed the smores.

On the 23rd we got to take a little boat around Val Vista Lakes and see all the Christmas lights. We had fun with G&G Walz and G&G Archibald. The kids were especially excited since it was followed with dinner at MickeyD's.


We made sugar cookies for Santa on Christmas Eve.
It was kind of a quick, thrown together ordeal since I so did not have it together.
But at least we did it.




We also did Christmas Eve jammies but I can't believe that we didn't take any pictures of the kids after they put them on. Kind of depressing. Oh well. Then we drove around looking at Christmas lights.

Christmas morning.
Gracie had been pining away for this mini American Girls Samantha doll for ages.
Luckily Santa came through.

Colby's huge Elmo.

Matthew's new mountain bike, now he and Dad can really tackle the desert together.

Owen playing his new DS and Rex wishing he had one. Kind of makes me feel bad but he's only four for crying out loud. He was a tricky one this year and I think he is the one kid who kind of got the shaft. He didn't really get anything that he was dying over. There's always next year.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I could hardly believe my eyes when I saw that you did a post! I really needed this one. Although it did make me miss you guys A LOT. I have been missing family so much lately. I am trying to occupy myself with lots of things. You know how the winter can be. It's been great (sarcasm). It was weird to think that I was at Gracie's concert but missed the rest. Looks like a really fun Christmas! Love you!

Jamie said...

I'm so happy to see you're alive!! I missed your posts!

Tara said...

Woowie!! Didn't the Holidays just fly by? I think our fam needs to get it together and do more special events, I know it's hard bc there are so many kids on that side but still...I cannot tell you how often I hear from people Eliza has really cute kids. It's true! They are cute, sweet kids. And I think they are having a great childhood. Good luck to Gracie on that Spelling Bee, it will be a great experience, don't underestimate that girl. :) Love ya and Miss you TONS.

Daniel and Mary said...

It's fun to see pictures of you guys again! Looks like Christmas was exciting. It seems like is always is with kids.

I'm glad you all are doing well! We still miss you up here in snowy, cold Rexburg.