Friday, November 12, 2010

Birthday Boy!

Owen turned seven! He's the middle child and a classic one at that. He gets all the hand-me-downs and I always feel guilty about that but he doesn't seem to mind. He's good natured but can have a fiery temper (wonder where he gets that from?). He is an excellent student, he soaks up learning and loves reading and math. All his teachers (school and church) love him. He makes friends easily and is very helpful. He enjoys riding his bike and playing video games. We love you, Owen! Happy Birthday!

The special birthday boy donut
(Colby was in the background saying "cheese")
The hoped for skateboard, he's pretty good already.
He got this crown at school and wore it proudly. In fact, he told me that he was going to save it and wear it every year on his birthday. Sometimes his innocence just melts my heart. I hate it when they grow too old for this stuff.

3 comments:

Tara said...

Gosh, they grow up sooo fast! I love his crown. Happy Bday Owen!!!

Michelle said...

I feel like a bad aunt, that I didn't remember his birthday! He is still just as cute as ever. Love the crown, and the skateboard, can't wait to see his awesome moves.

Kara said...

He sounds so much like Isaac. I always worry that Isaac is neglected... middle child stuff. Like Cam is my oldest boy, Maddy is my oldest girl, Mia and Ava are the babies that are still home with me and Isaacs, well, just there. Always being picked on by someone, hopefully getting enough attention from mom and dad. :)

Owen is so cute, I love the crown on him... especially with his little ears sticking out. ;-) How sweet that he wants to keep it for all of his bdays to come....