Thursday, November 11, 2010

Halloween Fun!

Our Halloween week was long but fun. It began on the Wednesday before Halloween with the church trunk-or-treat. I was kind of irritated because I'm not a fan of dragging it out for so long and five days of Halloween is a bit much for me. I didn't take any pictures there but the kids all had tons of fun, this ward does it carnival style with almost everyone doing a game or activity. They also had pony rides and bouncy castles. Kris got stuck hosting our pumpkin bowling, (I know he was mad at me for even signing up) but he was hilarious and our game always had a long line because all the kids thought it was so fun (mostly because of him).

Friday brought school parties and our own first annual "Wright Cousin Halloween Party." I'm thinking we'll make it a regular event. Everyone had a great time and the kids were just happy with me for even doing it. I probably could have done half as much and everyone still would have had just as much fun.

The Cousin Crew
(Sorry Keith this one was the best of all the kids!)

The No Hands Hanging Donut Eating Contest
(The look on Rex' face in this pic just kills me!
Argh, I'm gonna get that donut!)
He's a rule breaker.
Big kid group
Just a side story for this pic: The bag of donuts was sitting on the table and there was one left. Someone was crying about wanting a donut so I turn around to get the bag and it was gone. We started looking around for the donut snatcher and we see Colby running across the basketball court, donut in hand. Then he jumps in the little car like it's his getaway car and give us all his sly little grin. What a stinker!
Then Pops came out and turned his blower on, which the kids think is hilarious. He hangs it on this cart and lets the kids sit on it while he runs around the court so they can blow things out of the way. It's a really powerful blower, they were blowing chairs, water bottles, and those little cars all across the court.
The big kids went on a scavenger hunt, only because I don't think the little ones knew what was going on and didn't really care to.
The next night was Saturday and by this point we had about had enough of Halloween. Besides we weren't really sure if anyone would be trick-or-treating this night since Halloween wasn't until Sunday. But while Owen and I were on a bike ride through the neighborhood we saw people out so we came home and let the kids get dressed up again and took them. Luckily for us there is a highly Mormon populated neighborhood a few streets over and there were tons of people trick-or-treating. I love trick-or-treating and I have a hard time letting Halloween go by without taking the kids.

The crazy crew!
Paging Dr. Grover...
Earlier in the week she was a zombie bride by this night she was just a bride.
Here's the Hippie Zombie. Don't ask me how he came up with this one.
Argh! Pirate Rex!
Super cute Jack-O-Lantern! (Of course the only picture that he smiled in was the one showing all my bras hanging on the door.)
Sorting the loot is always fun. Got some full size candy bars this year, that was a first.


To top it off Kris and I had to speak in church on Sunday and then we had family dinner.
Whew! What a week! We were so glad when it was finally over! (Even though we had lots of fun!)

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm crying only because I am pmsing. Oh how I wished I could have been there. Mia and I would have had so much fun with them. All of their costumes look great! Sounds like a wonderful week to me. I love dragging it out. I wouldn't have even noticed the bras if you hadn't said anything. I am glad that you have gotten good use out of that pumpkin, it was just as cute on Matthew as it is on the Colbster. Ha Ha! I love you and your family. I am glad I at least got to live by you for a couple of years. Can't wait to see you!

Tara said...

Oh man, if you do this again next year I will seriously consider driving up for it. I always love your posts! I was laughing pretty good at Gracie's pose in the first picture. Haha, she is a crack up. And I didn't know Audrey wore glasses??? Did I? That little Colby is such a pill!!! What a crack up in the getaway car--dying! All your kids looks so cute you are such a great mom.

Kara said...

Wow, what a fun Halloween! My kids got kinda jipped this year cuz they just had the ward trunk or treat and then I let them pass out candy Sunday... well, ok, I let them go to a few houses, too! I love all your kids' costumes! Gracie sounds like Maddy, changing costumes every night. Maddy had 3 costumes this year (one was for acheivement days). Don't you love how anything can be turned into a zombie and its a great Halloween costume? Last year Maddy and Isaac were zombie football player and cheerleader. :o) So how did your talks on Sunday go? Whew, glad that week is over I'll bet!!

Kara said...

ps I wouldn't have noticed the bras if you wouldn't have said anything. ;)