Thursday, May 6, 2010

Deep Thoughts

This hangs by the door in my daughter's room where she can see it every time she leaves her room. Every time I see it it makes me smile and I wonder where this kid came from. If you think about it this is wise, sage advice from an 8 year old. She sets a good example for me. She doesn't worry about what other people think. She is friendly, smart, creative, imaginative and artistic. She gets along well with everyone, even hard to get along with people. Everyone likes her. I wish I was more like her. But, I'm blessed to be her mom. If I'm having a bad day or feeling sorry for myself she'll write me a little note saying how much she loves me or she'll give me a hug and tell me that I'm the best mom ever. (Even though I don't think it's true it's still nice to hear it sometimes!)

8 comments:

Grannie Wright said...

Its amazing. I remember a girl of mine whose teacher told me at parent-teacher conference; every time I'm feeling a little low, " I look up and there's Eliza smiling at me. It makes my day. So Eliza I guess I know where Katie comes from. She is an amazing girl, with many wonderful traits. Maybe I will call her Krazie Katie. btw, I went thru a phase of wanting to be called Katie.

Tara said...

She is too awesome. I'm glad she is so wise and smart and creative and good with people. Goodness, she is a talented one! Loved this post!

Kris said...

You ARE the best mom ever! And she is the best daughter ever! Together you make quite a pair!

Michelle said...

OH Katie Grace! She is just one amazing girl. It's crazy to me that she is the smartest one in the class all while be so artistic and creative. What a wonderful sister and cousin she is! Love her!

Rachelle said...

You're a great mom and I look up to you! You have such smart, caring, creative kids and they didn't just pull those traits out of thin air! Love you all over there!

Owen Family said...

You are a good mom. You do so much with your kids. I look back and wonder if we created enough good memories for our kids. You gotta be doing something right. I love your family.

sasmithfam said...

Sounds like an absolute sweetheart! True treasures like these from our kids are so awesome! Coming down to Arizona anytime soon?

Kara said...

Eliza, I love what your Mom said about you when you were little... i can see you sitting in class smiling at everyone you see. Good to see Katie is taking after her mommy. Love her deep thoughts. X)