Thursday, February 25, 2010

Bus Driver

Katie G came home from school today and told us that she thought her bus driver had a bad day and wondered if we thought it would be ok if she made her a card. I told her that I thought it was a wonderful idea. Their bus driver is great- she gives them a treat on Fridays, picks them up right in front of our house, honks and waits if they are running late, and lets them call her Diane (which drives Kris crazy!) So here is the card-

That's right- my kids ride the school bus of awesomeness!

Don't you wish you did too?

(*Doesn't it just KILL you that she uses an asterisk!!!*)


I thought it was so funny that she made Matthew and Owen sign it, too. Mrs. Sharp, I also think you are the best! You are the reason I don't have to venture outside my hibernation cave to drive my kids to school every day!!! You totally rock!

P.S. Yes, that's where I've been the last month or so- in hibernation!

4 comments:

Tara said...

This is just too funny! I am laughing so hard. She sure sounds like an AWESOME bus driver, something I'm sure that only happens in Rexburg...I know she'll love that card!!! Love you guys!

Michelle said...

Just when you think they can't be any funnier they pull another stunt like this. Gracie is so funny and so thoughtful! I am sure the bus driver will love it. It did actually make me want to meet her. Or it made me want to be a cool bus driver like her. Love it!

Grannie Wright said...

GOOD FOR KATIE FOR MAKING HER BROTHERS SIGN IT TOO. SHE'S A GOOD INFLUENCE ON THEM. IT IS WONDERFUL TO HAVE A BUS DRIVER THAT IS SO NICE. IT HELPS THAT THE CHILDREN ARE YOUNGER TOO. SHE HAS SUCH GREAT INITIATIVE. I HOPE SHE HANGS ONTO THAT HER WHOLE LIFE. IT WILL SERVE HER WELL. SURE LOVE YOU GUYS!

sasmithfam said...

How darling! What a sweetie! Sounds like one awesome bus driver. I would also be appreciative of front door service-I would be in hibernation too.