Sunday, August 16, 2009

It's Great to Finally Be Eight!











Gracie had an awesome birthday with her friends and family. Her birthday party was tons of fun. They played a mummy game, had a prize walk (like a cake walk but with prizes), made shrinky dinks, and decorated cupcakes. The next day we had family over for dinner and she chose to have beef stroganoff. It was really yummy and everyone had a good time. It seems like we waited forever for Gracie's 8th birthday to roll around and now that is has come and gone I am sort of in a little mourning period for my little girl. Little she is not. And for me the age of eight is the passing of her being a little girl and turning into a big girl. Although she has always been big for her age and fairly mature it seems now we are just on the fast track to tweendom. And I'm dreading it. I don't know if it's because she's my only girl or if it's because the thought of her getting older scares the crap out of me but I'm going to miss her little girlhood days. Gone are the days of me being able to buy her cute little girly shoes (she wears a size 7 in women's) and this makes me sad. Soon (probably sooner rather than later) she will be sharing shoes with me, shaving her legs, and wearing make-up! But for now I will just try to enjoy her being a kid and the fact that she still loves to play with stuffed animals!

7 comments:

Tara said...

Yea for stuffed animals! The pics, the party, the people all look great! Gracie is such an amazing girl! We are glad she had a happy birthday! Did she get our singing text message that day? Love and missed you guys!

Lindsay and Ron said...

Happy birthday Gracie! She sure did grow up fast and is definitely turning into a beautiful little lady!

Michelle said...

I can hear her saying...Duuhhh and shaking her head while she says it. What a sweet girl she is, she loves to have a good time. She is so smart and funny. She is a wonderful big sister. I am so happy for her that she is eight now. I can't wait to see her be baptized it will be so special.

Daniel and Mary said...

The girls had soooooo much fun!!!! They love playing with your kids. Thanks for inviting them.

Kindra said...

When I started dating Vaughn, Gracie was just brand new. Just a cute little baby girl, and Matthew was just a toddler. I remember thinking how cute your little family was. And thinking I wanted one just like it. Its weird that it doesn't seem like that long ago. But at the same time I guess if ya take a quick look at how much the kids have grown and changed, then it really does look like a long time.

I think you still have a cute little (Big) family. You have really great kids and I think Gracie will be an amazing young lady. (Even if it is just a little bit sad to see it happen so fast.)

sasmithfam said...

Wow!! The party looks like a ton of fun. I still remember Gracie being born but she has always been so tall. Braeden turned 8 but he is not that tall so I still think of him as little. Glad to see that she isn't totally into 'big girl' stuff, whatever that may be. And that IS one adorable baby brother.

Grannie Wright said...

WOW! What a great party Gracie. You are growing up so fast. The party looks like it was sooo fun. I am so excited to get there for your baptism. Such a big day. Sorry we missed the party, but we will be there soon. We love you all so much. Bye for now. Time just marches on.