Friday, April 24, 2009

Flippin' Out!

Do you remember when we used to call flip flops thongs? I remember how I had to train myself to not call them that anymore since it is so UN-PC nowadays. And remember the thick, black, rubber ones and the cute little key chain ones. I really wanted one of those key chains. I've always been into miniatures...

I love little kids in flip flops. One thing that ALWAYS makes me laugh is watching my little ones trying to learn how to walk in flip flops or as Rex says it "flip plops" and yes it sounds so funny when he says it. He got a new pair today and was so excited to wear them but it's hard learning how to make your toes hold them on, you know? And it's hard making sure your toes get in the right spot and it's hard making sure you get them on the right feet. But oh how wonderfully delicious it is for your mom to see you do it!! I have been laughing to myself all day. You should have seen him trying to run in them, trying so hard to keep his toes tight so they wouldn't fly off. It was so cute and absolutely hilarious!



4 comments:

Rachelle said...

Rex is way too cute. I never thought of flip flops as a milestone for kids before. Now I can't wait for Gwen's first pair of flip plops!

Tara said...

Hehe! I can just see him now, especially after you described it. Now, I will never let my kids break in their first pair off flip flops without a video camera! He is so cute! Oh and Mom totally still calls flip flops thongs, and me and Brit have to correct her everytime! So embarrassing!

Aliece said...

Love it! They are called flips in our house. Nicholai's first pair just broke last night while playing soccer. He had them for 4 years! They were the smallest pair I could find.

Kara said...

I love the last picture how they are on the wrong feet and the wrong toes!