Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Lemonade Stand

Yesterday Owen decided he wanted to have a lemonade stand and he really wouldn't take no for an answer. So I finally relented after he went to Dan and Michelle's and had them make the lemonade for him. We got out a little table and Gracie made a poster, we had some paper cups and I had just made some chocolate chip cookies the night before and voila their stand was born. Michelle was their first customer but she only had to pay for the cookies, since she provided the lemonade :-) they were so excited to have a customer! I, the typical mom sat in the kitchen worried that nobody would buy anything and they would come in after an hour bummed out and sad. I needn't have worried however, since my little entreprenuers worked the traffic and the neighbors (Owen knocked on the next door neighbors and asked them to buy some) and they wound up making over $10! Reminds me of someone I used to know...

2 comments:

Kara said...

This so reminds me of something Isaac would do if it weren't 150 degrees outside. Owen is so cute! How awesome that your kids made 10 bucks! What a bunch of go getters! Looks like you guys are really enjoying your summer. We are too... but its mostly all about staying cool in the water! We just finished swimming lessons, too ( I read it in your 4th of July post). I got sunburned today... ouch! Taking pics of the kids swimming.
Anyhow, I'd love to taste that lemonade that made so much moola! What a fun aunt and uncle to help the kids out when Mom is too mean to do it herself... :)

sasmithfam said...

Hey Eliza! Fun times with the kiddos having a lemonade stand. I remember trying that when we were young. I have just started a blog but haven't really posted anything yet, just a starter post. It is great that you are enjoying Idaho. We are all just trying to stay cool...which I must say I can do pretty well if I don't go outside all day-I don't know how really hot it is out there