Monday, July 21, 2008

Getting Older


About a week ago I had my 31st birthday. Yikes! I am in my thirties now. When you turn 30 you're just 30 and it's a big, fun, exciting age to be, but then you turn 31 and not so much. This birthday was so strange, it's not that I was depressed about it but it felt weird to be entering my 30s. When I turned 30 I was really excited, I had so much anticipation for the coming decade, I felt like the 30s were going to be MY decade, you know like the best years of my life so far. I had all these great intentions of working out and getting skinny and having an awesome year and then something happened. I'm not quite sure what it was- getting pregnant, maybe; a long, long, hard winter- definitely. And then I turned 31, not quite so exciting. I think it's probably just because I am tired of being pregnant and ready to get on with it, that and all the other stresses of daily life. I just don't feel like I'm mature enough to be this old, but hey they say 30 is the new 20 right, so I'm just going to try and live it up! I plan to live at least until I'm 90 so I've got plenty of life left to be lived!!!

2 comments:

sasmithfam said...

Hey! Happy belated birthday. I hope it was all the fun that you wished it would be. I totally know what you mean, sometimes I think to myself 'how old am I again' when I don't feel mature enough. I know aht you mean about wanting to be done with being pregnant, not too much longer though and then it will be 5 to take care of :) Hope everything goes well with all that.

Kara said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! I know, I thought turning 31 really sucked, too. Probably cuz my bday was on Fathers Day this year... and mostly just because it stinks to get older!! I know being pregnant is no fun either... but you look so cute pregnant! (even though you can't really see your cute belly in this picture too well!) I can't wait to see the next Grover. I'm sure he will be as cute as all your other boys! Do you guys have a name yet??