Monday, August 6, 2012

Epic Idaho Adventure- Take 3

Boating Day

Tuesday, July 3rd we spent the day at Ririe Reservior with Grandma and Grandpa Archibald on their boat.  Michelle and Mia were able to join us for the windy (really, really windy) fun.
Me and Leelee
Rex, Mia and Colby
All the kids loved getting to ride in the boat, it's not something that we get to do very frequently. For some of the kids I think this was only their second time on a boat.
Sittin' on the dock, wastin' time.
These brave souls braved the freezing cold water. I'm not such a fan of swimming in any body of water that I cannot see the bottom of, and add to that the temperature of the water and there was no way I was getting in. I've turned into a wimpy Arizonan again.
They have this little floating police car (fitting, don't you think? Well, if you know Kris' stepdad...) that we all took a ride in. Matthew and Owen pictured above and below.
That's Gracie and Colby.
Michelle and Mia taking their turn.
Me and Rex.
Even Grandma Archibald took a spin.
Colby was in hog heaven riding in that boat. Man, this vacation was right up his alley with all the hiking, boating, dirt playing, fireworks, etc. He loved every minute of it.
Kris took a turn on the tube.
I was proud of Mia for being brave enough to swim out there! Love these girls!
It was a great day soaking up the sun, gathering a tangled mess of hair, riding the waves, and cruising on the boat. We had so much fun!


3 comments:

Michelle said...

This was one of the funnest days that I have had in a long time! Thank you so much for having us. I had balls of fun while you were here. Your trip really was epic. Maybe you will have to make it an annual thing? Just sayin. Love you and miss you more than words can say.

Tara said...

I'm glad they took you out there! That police car floatie is hilarious! I was surprised it was your kids' only second time out on a boat, but then I thought about myself and I think the first time I was ever on a boat was when I was in mutual, like around 12. Funny! I give major street cred to all those brave souls jumping in the water! I'm with you on swimming in water where I can't see the bottom. I love seeing all these pics!

Aliece said...

I can't imagine how cold the water was! Looks like a ton of fun!