Friday, September 2, 2011

New Beginnings (again)

This year the first day of school was perhaps even harder than last year. New schools (again) for everyone.  More nervousness, trepidation, and excitement. All from me.
Ha! Not all from me, but most of it.

Matthew started Jr. high at a school where he hardly knows a soul. I can't believe I have a 7th grader! He seems even more grown up now than during the summer.
Gracie's a 5th grader. It was a rough first few weeks, being the only new girl in her grade. Tears were shed, discussions were held about going back to the old school but she stuck it out. She's settling in nicely now. Just got elected class representative for student council. Settling in quite nicely it would seem.
Owen's a big ol' second grader now. Owen's a cool cat, makes lots of friends wherever he goes and charms the pants off his teachers. No worries here.
My little Rexy started kindergarten this year, my first full day-er to date. It was hard on me but he was so excited and he loves school. It helps that he has two siblings at the school with him.  It's so fun to see the excitement of learning through his eyes.

Poor little Colby, once he saw all the big kids go off to school he suddenly decided he wanted to go too. He didn't want to leave after we took them all to their classes. Poor kid, nobody tell him he's got three years to go...

As I said, he was pretty sad he doesn't get to go...

This was the only picture I took of Leelee on the first day of school. At this point in her life she was still sleeping most of the time. :)

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Ok so I was reading the post and dying to give all your kids the biggest hugs I could ever give them. I miss them so much. My life was so full when you lived here. Enough of that. I was feeling a little sorry for myself and then I saw the picture of Colby on the ground and I died laughing. It's the perfect picture. It makes it even better that all the other kids are perfectly lined up and Owen and Rex are looking at Colby. So hilarious Liza!

Michelle said...

PS-I can't believe Matt is a 7th grader that is SO SO old! Ahh! Gracie's feet don't look too big at all. I think part of it must be that big toe of hers that is longer than all the rest.

Tara said...

Oh man, I never laughed so hard at the pic of all the children lined up and Colby on the ground. Haha. Never a dull moment with that boy around. I love your little family. They looked extra cute in their new school clothes, and they all had great hair days too. Love and miss you guys so much!

Daniel and Mary said...

I too laughed at poor little sad Colby on the ground. Jaina is like this as well. So sad! We did start her in Pre-school so at least she gets a little taste.

I can't belive how big your kids are. I hope you are doing well!!!!

Grannie Wright said...

I can't believe I did it again! I totally missed this blog.. Matthew is seeming more and more like an adult. And Gracie is so tall. So happy it's working out for her... Owen was great when he was showing me his room at school the other day. Rex was alot of fun at grandparent's day. BTW.. Colby is pretty funny laying on the ground. with two of his brothers looking at him!!!!!!