Wednesday, July 13, 2011

It's My Party...

Today is my 34th birthday.  Yikes, am I really that old? Really? Yes, it's true.  I'm just trying to go with the flow.  And if I live to be 100 (as I plan to) then my life is just over 1/3 of the way done.  So, c'est la vie. Anyway, I didn't really want to blog to lament the fact that I'm getting older I wanted to blog about how cute my kids are because as Matthew told me this morning after he apologized for not getting me a gift he said that the best gift he could give me would be to be a good person since I am the one who gave him life. Too true. And so sweet. And Colby sang me "Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday" all by himself.


Then Owen and Rex unveiled this beauty:

 It's a lego creation that they built, h b m, it stands for Happy Birthday Mom!
 Then Gracie gave me her gift, a memory box.
 Dang these photos that won't rotate! Why will some do it and others won't!?
 Leave it to Gracie...
 I can store all my special keepsakes in here.
I feel so loved today, the kids all want me to have a special day, they let me sleep in with minimal interruptions- they even waited so patiently to eat their breakfast since we had donuts and they couldn't eat them without me.  I love these kids, they are my best gifts!
(I'm sad that Kris had to miss all the festivities, I'm glad he went and got the donuts this morning before work.  He has to leave for work at 6:20 and I sure didn't want to wake up at 6 on my birthday, or wake up all the kids for that matter. Love you, Babe!)

5 comments:

L Stone said...

Happy Birthday my friend!
-Loretta

Sage Nicole said...

Aww! That was seriously sooo cute they looked so excited to let you know how much they love you on their special day. Loved their creations. They are so creative! And I agree with Gracie you do look better with age! HA! Love you and miss you! Happy Birthday!

Grannie Wright said...

Oh Eliza. I'm typing through my tears. Your children are wonderful! I loved every second of the videos. Gracie nev er ceases to amaze. She can lift your spirits in a flash. BTW! It was wonderful of Kris to pick up the donuts!!!!! Love u and of course. It goes w/o saying... happy B-day!!!!!!!!!

Emilie said...

Your kids are so sweet!! I hope mine turn out to be so thoughtful. I'm glad you had a good birthday. I wish we could have been there to have a birthday lunch or dinner. Maybe we can have a belated one when I come (end of August to September). Congratulations on your beautiful baby. We can't wait to see you all. Love you!!

Kara said...

Wow, you have such great kids! I wonder where they learned it from? Their sweet mama! Colby is soo cute singin to you! And i looove the lego creation... totally something Isaac would do! Can you believe we're in our mid 30s already?? Ah, at least we have a few more years til 40!
ps-I love Leelee's name sooo cute!